8. New Friends

Michi POV
(In the morning ~ In class)

Another day of school, normally people can care less about school and I don't blame them. I used to be like that too but I'm not about that life no more. I've never been so happy to attend school in my entire life.

I'm on cloud 9 ~

I've been blessed by the gods to be in the same class as Osamu and Izumi!

It sucks that Mikki and I aren't in the same class but I see her every time I come home. I don't need to see her every moment of my life. Besides she's in the same class as Atsumu so it's not like she knows nobody in her class. At least she got someone she knows.... even if he isn't exactly someone she can handle.

Well even though I know I should be happy that I'm in the same class as Osamu, I'm still frustrated. Why you may ask?

It's because I'm sitting in front of Osamu! No one knows the pain suffering I have to deal with because I can't see his handsome face! Life is cruel.

"... Michi even if you're not saying anything, I can tell what you're thinking from the expressions on your face. You're like an open book," Izumi whispers with an amused look on her face.

"Eh? Really?" I blurt out.

"What are you two talking about?" Osamu asks as he watches the two of us talk with a curious expression on his face.

"I-It's nothing! Just talking about how excited we are to learn!" I stammer an excuse and Osamu lets out a chuckle.

Izumi sighs. "This is going to be a long year."

"Are you Osamu Miya?" A guy with dark brown, slightly-combed hair asks as he suddenly appears between the three of us.

I jolt back surprised seeing this guy pop up out of nowhere as he now stares at us with a blank look waiting for an answer.

"Yeah I am, who are you?" Osamu questions.

"Rintaro Suna," Suna states. "The teacher told me to switch seats with the person who sat next to you because he couldn't see the board."

"Oh okay," Osamu says and notices the duffle bag he's holding. "Are you planning to try out for the boys' volleyball team today?"

"I am," Suna answers, and they high-five each other.

"Wow! You play volleyball too! We all play volleyball as well," I add. "What position do you play?"

"Middle blocker," Suna answers as he takes a seat down next to Osamu. "What positions do you all play?"

"Wing-spiker," Osamu answers.

"I'm a middle blocker too. Oh, my name is Michi Kenzaki by the way," I quickly introduce myself then nudge my elbow at Izumi who's reluctant to introduce herself.

"My name is Izumi Ogami. Setter," Izumi curtly answers. 

Suna notices Izumi and stares at her in deep thought. Izumi notices his intense gaze and frowns. "Is there something on my face?"

"Have you been on T.V. before?" Suna questions.

Izumi's eyes widen for a second then she regains her composure. "I haven't. You probably mistaken me for someone else."