5. Graduation

Mikki POV
(At Kenzaki Residence ~ In the morning)

After I finish putting on my middle school uniform for one last time, I tie my bow tie and look at the mirror as I braid my hair.

I still remember when we first moved here about two years ago. At first, I didn't want to get myself too involved and attached with anyone since there was always the chance of moving again. But thanks to Michi, I was able to think past that and made some really good friends here.

Of course, these days aren't ending any time soon since we are all going to the same high school, Inarizaki High. It probably will be crazy, knowing that the Miya twins and Izumi are also going there but at the same time I'm relieved. Relieved that Michi and I will be able to be alongside them and continue to have fun together.

Knock Knock Knock

I snap out of my thoughts as I hear an abrupt series of knocks from the bathroom door. I sigh. It's probably Michi. I wonder what she wants from me?

To stop the endless knocking, I open the door and see her all teary eyed. "What's wrong?" I ask in an aloof manner.

"Mikki! My bed hair won't straighten. Please help me!" Michi cries with a straightener in her hand.

"But isn't your hair already straight? Why do you need to straighten it any more than it already is?" I mumble confused and take a closer look to see a few strands popping out of the left side of her hair and I let out a laugh.

"Mikki! Stop laughing and fix it!" She demands shoving the straightener at me.

"Fine," I sigh. "But you don't need to get all mopey. You already look good," I compliment her.

"You're only saying that because we have the same face," Michi bluntly says and I shrug.

"I mean I'm not gonna lie, am I?" I smirk.

Michi sighs. "Just help me Mikki."

"Alrighty," I chuckle as I start to straighten her hair.

"Hmmm. Mikki why did you decide to braid your hair today?" Michi asks, noticing the way I did my hair.

"Well I don't want people to mistake me for you today since you're probably going to get a bunch of confessions today," I bluntly state. "Dealing with that is just going to be a headache so might as well look a little different, you know what I mean?"

"I guess that's true, but don't worry Mikki! I have my own plans," Michi says with quite a scary, scheming smile.

"Oh and what's that?" I ask after I finish straightening her hair.

"I'm going to get Osamu's second button!" Michi proudly declares.

"Huh? His second button?" I question. "Why?"

"Mikki don't you know? They say when a boy gives their second button to a girl, it means that he likes her," Michi winks. "If I can get that button that means I have a higher chance of being Osamu's girlfriend!"

"Seriously?" I look at my sister completely baffled by the fact she believes in such superstitions. "Does it even matter if it's the second button? All the buttons look the same right?"

"It's not about the button but the meaning Mikki!" Michi frustratingly says and points right at me. "Don't you have anyone you like? If you do then this is your chance!"

"Not really. I don't want to make the clothes unwearable if I take their button," I tell her and she sighs.

"Well thanks for making me feel bad for wanting Osamu's second button," Michi pouts.