Chapter 1

Hi! I'm Niana Deepak and now I'm deeply thinking about 'Why all the Disney movies have a happy ending?'

I knew many have debated about this topic but still me debating it with myself is totally different. First, I get to pass this boring session which Ms.Maria has been speaking continuously for like past 25 minutes. Second, I just check whether my debating skills are good by comparing my thoughts with the one which is available in online forums.

Ooh! Wait just don't judge me being a nerd who I'm not, I just let my imagination run wild so I won't sleep in the class and embarrass myself in front of my class. I can also tell you what I imagined in the previous session.

To be honest I was thinking about how ants live their lives. Funny right? But it isn't. I was thinking from the perspective of the ant. It is so small compared to us and do they think of us as some monsters? Or do they have some entertainment just like us, humans? Do their colonies have Televisions,

a Couch and Bed for them to sleep? The list goes on. But that's enough to get an idea of my character.

Back to the story, where I was saying about Disney, I know I'm totally a freak to talk about Disney stories at the age of 23 and thanks to my cousin's daughter who made me watch those memorable stories of my childhood while babysitting her. And that is how it led me to debate on the topic 'Why all the Disney movies have a happy ending?'

Bell rings and I'm brought back to my reality where I can rush to my cosy den, Ohh! my home to be exact and spend my weekend lying on the bed which is filled with stuffies.

I grab my bag and walk to the two wheeler parking and search for my bike, shit I forgot today I brought my car to the college as it was raining while I left home and my dad suggested to take the car to college.

I get in the car and I started driving it. My travel to home takes at least 45 minutes without traffic so let me tell you more about me, to be exact introverted me.

My appearance is just like any other typical Indian woman. Sorry to break the stereotypes of a introvert of being lonely in the dark with unkempt hair and round glasses, with a baggy hoodie hanging in the back and being unhygienic and never leaving the room as to the fear of encountering people.

The real me, regularly goes to the college and I even interact with people if and when it is necessary and I too love wearing baggy clothes but I wear my clothes considering the occasions and locations. I'm wearing my contacts as my mom suggested to wear them while I'm outside when inside the house with glasses.

I too have friends but only two in my long life of 23 years. That too they were my friends from higher secondary life and we separated while we chose our major for our college. But that doesn't matter we still contact each other from time to time and that's enough for me.

These two are the ones, other than my parents who know my real side.

I entered my neighborhood and oddly there stands three cars in front of my house, which is unusual as I will always be the one to unlock the door of the house first as my parents are busy with their work and return home only by dusk.

I quickly comeback from my imagination and stop the car in front of the house as the fourth car and making the road as our personal parking lot I grab my bag from the passenger seat and walk towards the gate.

I hear people chatting and laughing and I hate this creepy feeling. My hair in the shoulder stands erect because of this feeling, yep! Exactly goosebumps. I think about what to do to avoid the attention from the guests who are seated inside the house blocking my way to the cozy den.

I call my Mom, the savior for me in these kinds of situations.

"Mom?", I ask her questioningly.

"Dear where are you? Will you be late today?", my mom asked in a low whisper.

"No mom, I'm actually right in front of the gate and I heard people chatting and laughing so I thought if I'm not need there I would stroll in the neighborhood and comeback once the people had left the house.", I reasoned her my opinion.

"No dear, I think that will not be possible, they are here to look at you.", my mom said which confused me.

People where waiting for my appearance, but why?

"Umm?", I hummed questioningly.

"Remember the alliance we looked for you. The one who said, they will come home by the weekend and meet us?", my mom said unsure of it if I will remember it or not.

I remembered it. The realization dawned over me. I said we could try after my parents gave his photos and his name. I stalked his Instagram ID and once I was satisfied about his character which I presumed over his online life, I told them to plan further.

Yep! You could put it as a blind date for an arranged marriage and I couldn't say no to my parents for an arranged marriage as to remind you I'm an typical Indian girl with typical Indian parents in the country India where Arranged Marriage still prevails and to be honest I'm happy about it because as an introvert with less communication skills and socializing skills if I were in other countries where Arranged Marriage doesn't exist I think I would die single and I don't want that, I wanna live like all other girls of my age and thanks to my parents they arranged for this.

Hey guys!

The story is a slow burn.  But once it starts the speed picks up.

Stay tuned😁😁