Chapter 10

Exhausting! The only word I could think of.

Why the hell did I deny staying at my parents house and rushed to our new house? 

Well Naina, there is nothing good crying over spilled milk.

“Should we get a take out?”, Aarav asked which brought me out of my inner battle.

“Yep!  We should, we haven’t arranged the kitchen yet.”, I say in a bubbly voice.

He nod and we order the food.  We both were in the mood for eating pizza so there wasn’t so much conflict choosing the dinner.

The dinner is over but here arises the new issue. 

“Where do we sleep?  We haven’t unpacked the bed.”, Aarav says scratching his back of his head.

I think for a solution.  Sleeping on the floor, well that is a solution but not a comfortable one.  Just ignoring the plastic wrap around the mattress and lying over it?  Good one but the unpleasant sound of plastic rubbing.  Such a bad idea, what t—

“How about the couch?  We have already unpacked it.”, my train of thoughts were interrupted with his sentence. 

I think for a minute before answering his question with a yes.  There is no offence with sleeping on the couch right?

We are ready for the night and I am already on the couch snuggled in the blankets.  So cozy, feeling home!

Aarav turns off the light and with a flashlight on in his phone and walks towards the couch.

“Scoot over.”, he says.

I raise my eyebrow, which obviously didn’t go unnoticed under his flashlight.

“What?”, he gasped.  “Are you going to make your husband sleep on the floor while you take the whole couch for your petite body?”, Oh! God, so dramatic.

I chuckle.

He tilts his head confused.

“For your kind information this couch is ‘L’ shaped and the horizontal side is totally vacant for you.”, I say smiling.

His eyes expand. 

“Doesn’t your body contain a bit of romantic cells?”, he asks out of blue.

“Umm?”, I question him in humming.  What’s he talking about.

“Whatever I shouldn’t expect more from you.”, he says and lies in the vacant side of the couch.

I sit up.

“What does that mean?”, I ask him.

He doesn’t answer me.  He shrugs off and turns to the other side.

“I asked you what does that mean?”, I say, my voice little cracking.

“I meant, noting.  I was just kidding.”, he says till his back facing me.

I don’t reply him.  I’m feeling down. Tears well up in my eyes.  These damn tears contaminate for no reason.  I sniffle my nose to prevent the tears falling from my face and lie down.

The two minute silence was really awkward and uncomfortable.  I try not to sniffle but tears threaten trough my eyes and my nose gets a little runny.

“Hey, are you ok?”, he asks.  I don’t reply him in the fear of breaking down before him.

I can feel him standing up from the couch and then he turns on the light for which I cover my face with the blanket.

I can feel his presence dangerously near me so I try not to breathe.

“Hey.”, he whispers.

No reply again.

“Naina, look at me.”, he says and pulls down the blanket when I least expected him to.

I turn to the other side to hide my face from him.

“Naina, what I meant earlier was really noting.  I was just joking.  I just wanted to tease you.  I remembered the conversation we had for the first time we met.  Where I asked you if you liked purple and you answered questioning me if it does matter to me.”, he said brushing my hair with his fingers.

I turn to look at him. 

“You are crying.”, he said in a shocked tone.

It made me smile.
“Sorry for being a cry baby.  It is just that when someone ignores me I couldn’t handle it.”, I said as a matter of fact.

To be honest, it doesn’t matter if people didn’t respond to me.  I am just sensitive to the people whom I like the most.

“Sorry I should have guessed it, I knew you suck at expressing you thoughts but that didn’t cross my mind earlier.  I have hurt you unintentionally.”, he said smile creeping on his face.

He sat there brushing my hair while I just kept my eyes closed and felt his hand on my head.

His hands stopped moving but I remained the same.  I felt him tuck the blanket over me and stood up.  The next thing I did may be cringeworthiness but still I did.  I grabbed his hands and of course he stopped and turned to look at me.

I scooted over making place for him.  “Can you be my cuddle buddy?  To be honest I couldn’t sleep unless I cuddle something.”

He smiled.  “OK.  I will just turn off the lights and lie next to you.”

I nodded my head in excitement.

Once the light is off and feel the dip on the couch next to me, I smile.  He wraps his hands round me and pulls me inside him.

“Isn’t this uncomfortable?”, he asks cuddling  me.

I chuckle into his chest.

“Why are you laughing?”, he asks while chuckling too.  I could feel it through the vibration of his chest.

“That’s the reason I said we could sleep in the separate sides of the couch.  Cuddling over the couch is not as easy as it is portrayed in the books and movies.”, I say with the knowledge I have from reading the comment sections of numerous novels and movies.

I raise my head to look at him as he is not giving me any answers and he is just looking into my eyes.

“It doesn’t matter if I get to cuddle my wife like this once in a while.  I would like to experience this uncomfortable position with you.”, he says and plays with my hair.

“Eww… You are giving off such a vibe of new husband.  Let’s see how long you are gonna do this.”, I say and close my eyes.

“Till the very end.”, he whispers in my ear, but I don’t reply him as my sleep takes over me.