Chapter 8

It’s strangely exciting to meet my parents again; even though I saw them yesterday.

I’m not the type of girl is who always in parents’ presence, it is… well I couldn’t explain this particular emotion.

Now we are on the road travelling towards my parents’ home. 

Spending a day over my house and then setting off to our honeymoon.

I’m so sleepy.  I’m fighting my droopy eyes. 

I just tilt my head subconsciously and his firm shoulder gives a comfort.  I jolt myself to keep me awake.

“Shh…  We still have to travel long, just take a nap if you are feeling sleepy.”, he said putting my head on his shoulder.

I hummed and closed my eyes and sleep took over me.

……….

“Naina wake up.  We have arrived.”, a whisper woke me up.

I opened my eyes and blinked my eyes a few times to adjust to the surrounding.

Preethi got out of the car and so did Aarav’s cousin who was driving the car.

“Shall we go now.”, he asked and I just nodded my head in response.

I walk near the door and hear people chatting enthusiastically and my heart drops.  They haven’t left yet.  My grip on Aarav’s hand tightens and he hisses.  I quickly loosen my grip, “I’m sorry.”

He smiles and shook his head.

His smile again.

He guides me inside my own house which I find it really funny but I kick that thought back into my head.

Walking inside I’m met with my maternal and paternal grandparents’, great aunts and great uncles, aunts and uncles, my cousins and a few little villains. 

I fake a smile and greet them. It’s not that I hate them it is just that having people around you all the time is really uncomfortable. 

I don’t know if you all feel that way but I definitely feel that way.  DOT! End of the conversation.

Aarav greets them with a genuine smile, wait doesn’t he feel bothered by the presence, whatever. 

My relatives all swam around Aarav and started talking with him leaving me out of their conversation.

It was ok leaving me out of their conversation but what gave them the right to push me to the corner as if I was invisible.

I pouted sadly and looked at him.

Breathing stuck my throat.  He is looking at me with a curious smile lingering in his face.  I feel my cheeks heat up.

I quickly avert my eyes away from him.  After seeing every corners of the room I peak a glance at him hoping he is not looking at me…. 

Well, my hope was in vain.  He is still looking at me but now his curious smile replaced with a mischievous grin.

Why is he looking at me instead of listening to people taking to him?  Anyways that thought just brushed off when my cousin Adhithya came to talk to me.  My favorite cousin.  Why favorite?  Well he is totally different from everyone else in this family.  He has his own set of rules and follows them.  Never listens to what others say.  Oh! In simple you could say he is the bratty one among us.

Adhithya was really helpful to me in this situation as he was continuously talking with me so I could avoid speaking with others.  But my savior unfortunately vanished when he got a call from his beloved lover. 

You can ask do your family allow love marriage and the answer is well my family members are not so reserved till it comes to their own kids.  And of course Adhithya’s parents accepted it and that is the only reason him even being older than everyone in our gang remains unmarried.

I took my phone out and started scrolling into social media.  But that didn’t last long. 

Poor me.

I was dragged to the living room where all my cousins were sitting and there I spotted my husband in this little crowd. 

“Naina, join us, we are playing monopoly.”, Kalai my other cousin said and I just nodded and walked to the monopoly board and they made place for me near my husband and I took that place without any declining.

Why bother declining when you really want to sit next to your husband.

We were playing the whole afternoon before they called us for the lunch.

Lucky me, the rest of the day went pretty well with only talking to my cousins and my mother and no other people. 

We retired for the night and here comes the difficult task – vacating my soft toys out of their comfort zone.

Fortunately Aarav helped me to move my soft toys to the couch and he left the pillows in the bed.  I really was thankful for that.

The next day was not so rushed.  I woke up and found Aarav missing and guess what, he was in the bathroom.

We had a flight to catch today to fly to our honeymoon destination.  It was Maldives.

We planned that after discussing for like one whole month. 

……….

I bit my farewells with my parents and relatives as Aarav’s cousin drove the car towards the airport.

I’m really excited to explore Maldives with Aarav as it was both of ours first time to Maldives.

Aarav held his hands out and I held his hand firmly.

We walked into the airport hand in hand with an aura that screamed ‘Newly Wed’.

Hey everyone!

Hope you like this book.