Chapter 16

Naina’s POV

Aarav and I are now in the way to dinner with our friends.  Yes you heard it right, both of us now had mutual set of friends.

The boys used to facetime Aarav and always include me in their conversation.  After first two times of the facetimeing I added my friends who are literally social birds to reduce the awkwardness caused by me in the boys’ gang.

So now all of us are officially meeting in the name of dinner.

Jenny and Roshini will be coming together and the boys will come together.  Oh! And a sad truth is we are the only couple in this group.  

“Relax; you have already spoken with them.  They are not going to bite you.  Your friends are also here to accompany you.  Don’t forget.”, Aarav says holding my hands with are on my lap.

“Uh?”, I question him. What is he trying to say?

He looks down at my hand and I notice holding them way too tightly.  

I just smile awkwardly.  

“Now, shall we go?”, he asks while I nod my head in positive.

Entering the room we find Jenny and Roshini scrolling through their phone. 

“Hello, my gorgeous ladies.”, Aarav’s voice brought the girls back to this world.

“Hello, handsome.”, they said in unison.

“What’s wrong with you guys?”, I ask giving them odd glances.

“What’s wrong with us?”, they retort towards me.

I just roll my eyes at them.  

“Hello Everyone!”, Sid says entering, following him Nithin, Abi and Rahul enter.

“Hey guys.”, squeals Roshini.

Aarav stands up saying, “Girls, this is Sidharath, Abinay, Rahul and Nithin.”  The boys wave their hands at us and then Aarav continues, “And boys, this is my wife, Naina and they are Jenny and Roshini.”

The introduction part was oddly good and to be honest I find something fishy here.  The girls actually help me being in my comfort zone which is out of order, with their known personality.  But I just push this thought away and concentrate on eating my dinner.

“Guys while waiting for dessert shall we play this game… well I don’t know the name but- the game goes like one has to say something and if others has done that they have to fold one of their fingers and this goes on and the first one to close all the fingers loses and last one wins.”, Jenny says and my eyes become as big as saucers.  

Fuck, no. she plans on telling every embarrassing things I have done.  She doesn’t mind a bit about the game.

I just glare at her and she smiles slyly.

“Well care to give a example.”, Abinay asks and Jenny diverting her eyes from mine smiles politely and says, “Ok, let me say this,  ‘Peed in the pool.’ If you guys have done this act just fold your finger.  But look, in this even I had did this so I will also fold my finger.  Next person continues and the game goes on till the final person wins.”

“This looks fun let’s play.”, Nithin says rubbing his hands together.

“Ok, let’s start with the most silent one in the gang.”, Roshini says and all their heads snap in my direction.

For the second time in less than an hour my eyes goes as big as a saucer.

“Naina, start it.”, Aarav says nudging my elbow.

“Mmm...mm, I have more than two best friends.”, I say and smile at the little victory as all of them murmured something and folded their first finger.

“Fox.”, Jenny declares.  I just smile innocently.

“Now me, I love sleeping with so much stuffed toys around me.”, Jenny says and gives me a cunning glance.  My cheeks turned red.  This time it going to be only me—Rahul folds his finger, Sid bursts out laughing.

“Shit, his secret is now out to three other new people.”, Nithin says controlling his laughter.

Thank God attention was out of me.

“Made plans for the future baby while barely 15.”, Roshini says smirking.  I knew that smirk is intended towards me.

I folded my finger, turning scarlet.  Nithin too folds his finger.

“I made my plans with my then girlfriend.”, he laughs awkwardly.

“I slack during working hours.”, Abinay says and gives a cunning smile.

All of us fold a finger.

Nithin and Rahul’s phrases didn’t make me fold my fingers so I was happy for that.

“I haven’t kissed someone in the room.”, Aarav says with a grin.  

All folds their hand except Aarav and me.

“Oo… See someone is saving their wife from losing.”, Nithin said teasingly.

We both just roll our eyes.

“I have danced in school and college functions.”, I said and found Jenny, Roshini, Aarav and Rahul folding their fingers.

“I act childishly once I get drunk.”, Jenny said.

Oh shit.  I have to fold my fingers now and Aarav is going to find out I drink.  I don’t know how he is going to process this information.

“Wow, what a beautiful pair, is this called some soulmate shit.  Both acting childishly while drunk.”, Rahul says and only did I notice Aarav has also folded his finger.

“You drink?”, was all we both could say in unison.

----------

The game was stopped in the middle as desserts were served and then we bit our goodbyes and left separately.

“I didn’t know you drink.”, he said while driving.

“I thought you don’t drink.”, I said looking at him.  

His brows knitted. 

“Why do you think so?”, he asked.

“Remember in Maldives you denied alcohol.”, I said remembering our honeymoon.

“That’s bec…because I didn’t know if you drink and also I felt that I should respect that countries customs.”, he said scratching his back of his neck.

“What about you?  You never told me you drink.”, he said.

“Hey, I don’t drink usually.  I have just drunk alcohol seven times in my whole live.  That too everytime Jenny and Roshini will be there with me.”, I said pouting.  There is no reason to pout but felt like pouting so I did it.

“Your parents know?”, he asked me.

“The first time I drank it was my parents who guided me.”, I said smiling widely.

“I thought your parents are reserved and wouldn’t take this nicely.”, he said.

“No they are not.”, I said reassuringly.