Chapter 15

Aarav’s POV

I opened the door of her room and slowly tiptoed as I feared I might wake her up.  But strange enough it was just half past ten in the morning and she was already taking her nap as her mother said.  

She insisted on waking Naina up but I said that I would wake her up on my own.  She would really be surprised to see me here so early.  

I spotted her.  My beautiful dear wife whom I missed like crazy for a whole week even after speaking with her for three times a day.

I strode towards her bed and crouched down and sat by the foot of the bed.  The rug under the bed gave me the warmth as the AC was on its lowest temperature.

A smile crept on my lips looking at her sleeping face.  She was rolled up in her blanket with her favorite Mr.Box tucked tightly between her body and the blanket.  More of her fluffies scattered in the bed.

How does she even manage to sleep with so much in her bed?

I was so busy gazing over her when I heard this for God knows how much times.

I could cry just thinking about you

Every line I write is something about you

Every guy I want looks something just like you

Every book I read I only read for you

Every art piece is just to remind you

I don’t know who I am with, or without you 

But I guess I’m ‘bout to find out

I found her phone in middle of her pillows and turned it off. I again got back to the process of staring at her sleeping face, but in less than two minutes I saw her scrunch her nose a bit and a furrow between her eyebrows before she slowly opened her eyes.

I think she is not yet fully awake and I conclude that now, seeing her struggling to make her hands free from the blanket.  

I help her get free from the blanket and she mumbles something under her breathe and suddenly she shrieks  and I look at her to see her eyes opened wide in realization.

“Had a good sleep?”, I ask smiling at her.

Nodding she charged her hands towards me and pulled me into a bear hug.

“I missed you.”

“I missed you too.”, a smile crept on my face.

“Was it you, who turned off the music?”, she asked still having me in her embrace .

“Yes, the same song was in loop and trust me I have even memorized the whole song.”, she just chuckled in response. 

Naina’s mother came in and started rambling about why Naina had to keep the temperature so low.  I found Naina just pouting at those remarks and saying nothing.

----------

We spent a quality amount of time talking with her parents and after lunch we went back to her room.  

“How about a movie?”, she asks.

“What about your friends?  You said you will meet them today, right?”, I asked as I remembered.

“I could just stand up on them.  That’s noting important.  What is important is I finally saw my husband after a week.”, she said while arranging the couch in her room.

“See I don’t want to get on the bad side of your friends.  So just go, I will pick you up after meeting.”, I said.

“How about you coming along with me?”, she asked while beaming at me.

“I don’t think it is a good idea.”

“Aww, come on I haven’t formally introduced you to my friends, so this will be a good chance.  Even it was them who insisted to bring you with me.”, she said and I nodded my head a little confused.  To be honest I was convinced to go with her.

----------

Entering the café I saw two girls cheerfully waving their hands in our direction.

“Come.”, this was all Naina said pulling me towards them with a toothy smile lingering in her face.

“This is Roshini,” she said gesturing to one of the girls, “and Jenny.”, she motioned her hand to the next girl.

I smiled at them while talking our respective seats in the table and those both said a ‘HI’ in a high pitched tone.

Naina just made a disgusted sound towards her friends.  I could just chuckle looking at those three.

They three spoke nothing in particular but they never let me as an outcast.  They are different from my friends group.

“Bye bye and don’t forgot we have to on shopping in the near future. Don’t try to make any excuses.”, Jenny said and winked her eyes looking at Naina.

“Definitely not coming for shopping with you guys.”, she said with a smirk and pulled me towards the exit of the café. 

“Why won’t you go shopping with them?”, I asked.

“Huhh… you don’t know about these girls, they are totally crazy about shopping.  One day is not enough for us.  They will totally enjoy shopping even in the cramped places.  But as you know I hate going to crowded places but that will be their first preference, just to piss me off.   They do that every time and never forgot to turn me into a grumpy monkey.”, she said with a pouty lips.

“You guys are totally different.”, I declared absentmindedly. 

“Why do you say so?”, she asked.

“I have been friends with a few girls but they were not like this.  The girls whom I have talked before all seemed to just… you know kind of… never felt like talking with them again.  You could say I thought all the girls were like this, just being over dramatic, clingy and you know importantly making them look more girly even them being already girly.”, I said and chuckled.

“Ooo…  So your prejudice over girls have already vanished?”, she said in quirky voice.

“You could say so.”, I smiled at her.

“Mhm…Mhm..”, she hummed and stopped walking.

I turned towards her and just pulled her into a hug.  There was no particular reason to hug her but now I earned for her warmth.

“You are my new addiction.”, I whisper to her without breaking the hug.