9.

________

1ST POV
________

.

.

The next day, I took Megumi out with me for a walk. Of course, I left a note to notify Toji about it since he was still sleeping like a log in his room when I went to check on him. It was quite cold outside, so I dressed the lil guy warmly and even made sure to cover his pudgy little hands with cute cotton mittens!

He was absolutely adorable!

Closing the door of the apartment, I turned and greeted a few neighbors who, by now, were used to my presence and had even befriended me.

Afterwards, I began strolling through the neighborhood with Gumi strapped around me. He kept making cute baby noises with his pacifier, as I wandered aimlessly, lost in thought. I wondered what I to do next, considering I had nothing planned. Sure, I can easily make toys for him, but I just needed a reason to leave the house.

Yesterday's events were still playing in my head on repeat, and I was quite embarrassed about it all. Allah, I could still feel his lips against mine...

I made a strange sound that caused some passerby to glance at me weirdly.

The walk was supposedly just a way to distract myself from what happened, and I guess it was for naught since I couldn't stop thinking about it! Infuriating! And I know that as soon as I step foot home – Home? – Toji, that jackass won't let me live it down! I'm not ready to face whatever horny bullshit he might try to pull again because I'm sure the guy is probably the relentless type! Or maybe I'm just finding excuses and I'm just a coward.

Probably.

"Ayo...this is so cringey...", I muttered before jolting in surprise upon feeling Megumi tugging at my sweater, prompting me to look into his big green eyes. "I didn’t forget about you, honey," I cooed, "I'll spoil you so much today, no worries champ!" The boy beamed even if I doubt he understood anything I just said.

We entered several stores, mostly those related to babies, and proceeded to buy plenty of toys. I solely focused on chewing ones since he had just begun teething, and it would help him.

As soon as I entered though, the mothers there would look at us in surprise and begin whispering amongst themselves. Although I did not particularly feel bothered by their attention, I chose to ignore it and pretend like I hadn't noticed. We moved from one store to another, and I assumed my odd appearance might have been the reason for their curiosity. I would simply glance at them, which often startled them into looking away, and then I would shoot them polite smiles that earned me responses ranging from smiles back to scurrying mothers. This tactic worked well in most of the stores I visited until two brave mothers decided to initiate conversations with me.

"What a cute boy you have here, ma'am! Are you his nanny?" one of them, a brown-haired woman with eyes of the same color inquired politely.

"Yes! I've been taking care of him since August; he's a real sweetheart, if I do say so myself." I chuckled while squeezing Megumi's little hand in mine, as he barely glanced at the mothers. Never thought I'd be conversing with mothers like this, heh. "He still has his father's deadpan expression though."