11.

(Art by your resident Simp)

_______

3RD POV
_______

.

.

A few days passed, and Colith slowly got used to being Toji's girlfriend, much to the latter's delight. At first, their relationship didn't change much, as she had no idea how to behave like a proper girlfriend, having never been in a relationship before. At nineteen and when she was still alive, she had no desire to date, resulting in her cluelessness on the matter now. All she knew at the time were examples from movies, TV series and romance manga. Examples she decided to try and apply.

...

All right, she physically couldn't do those things. They were cheesy as fuck, and were mostly aimed towards high schoolers, something she no longer was. Sure, back in the day, perhaps those tactics would have worked. When she was a high schooler, that is, which, well, she no longer was. Minus some cute situations that'd make one or two chuckles escape her while reading, some of the main/side characters' decisions irked her to such degrees that she entirely gave up on the thing.

Nevertheless, she said "Fuck it, I'm gonna improvise." and immediately acted upon those words by doing wacky and unpredictable things such as...

Surprise him with random pecks and then vanish out of sight before he could say "money."

Squish his face when he's too engrossed in his movie or biting his shoulder when he wasn't focused.

Her most favorite activity though, was cooking various dishes from her home country and making him try them. The easiest one by far, considering that he actually liked it. A notion she was certainly glad to learn. The guy was a glutton. A given with all those muscles.

Aside from that, she would even call him by endearing nicknames, something she tended to do with people she was fond of. So imagine her surprise when it generated a blush from the guy.

____________

"Sweetheart, did you just blush?"

"..."

"holy Shi- YOU'RE BLUSHING-"

____________

Other than the "I tease you to annoy the hell out of you" (which by the way became very difficult to achieve since Toji also joined the simp game and would just watch her fondly instead of going berserk like before), they somehow became more casual in giving each other affection despite never going further than mere kisses and hugs.