Chapter 7

(20 minutes later)

Ring ring Hotch woke up to his phone buzzing on the coffee table. He sat up and reached for his phone.
"Hotchner" he spoke
"Hotch it's Gideon the police have come to a stand still with the case and we will not be needed until tomorrow so I'm sending the team home to enjoy the rest of their day and get a good nights sleep." Gideon spoke from the other end of the phone.
"Okay I understand" Hotch replied.
"Wait wait Hotch" Morgan yelled from the other end of the phone. "Are you still at Reid's apartment".
"I am Morgan" Hotch stated.
"Can I speak to him it's urgent" Morgan exasperates.
"Reid doesn't really want to see you rights now Morgan" Hotch stated "He is also sleeping right now so I don't really want to disturb him"
"Oh okay erm I'll wait until tomorrow then" Morgan answered clearly upset.
Morgan ended the call and then Hotch placed his phone back on the table and looked at Reid. Reid was sleeping peacefully on the sofa. Hotch  reached his hand out and brushed Reid's hair out of his face and stared down at his face. He reached down and kissed Reid softly on the mouth. He stood up to go get something to eat when Reid stirred. Hotch looked down to see Reid beginning to wake up.
Reid opened his eyes to see Hotch looking down at him.
"Hey sleepyhead how did you sleep" Hotch said smiling down towards Reid.
"Bad headache" Reid sighed sitting up while holding his head. "What happened...." Reid's eyes widened as he remembered what happened before he fell asleep. He looks straight at Hotch and freaks out. Reid stands up off the sofa and slips over falling onto the floor. "Ow"one word escaped Reid's mouth.
Hotch just laughs then reaches his hand out towards Reid. Reid takes his hand and stands back up.
"I shouldn't of done that last night I was drunk I shouldn't have done that I shouldn't have done that I shouldn't...." Reid was fiddling with his hands freaking out. Hotch grabbed Reid's hands and held them still.
"Calm down Reid just breathe" Hotch commanded while doing exaggerated breaths to help calm Reid down. Reid copied Hotch and managed to get back to a normal breathing pattern.
"You don't need to say anything I'm not going to try anything" Hotch told Reid "take your time I'll give you all the space you need"
"Thank you Hotch I really appreciate it" Reid said smiling at Hotch kindly.
"Any time Reid" Hotch said opening his arms and embracing Reid in a hug with Reid accepting it.

(The next day)

Reid was late. He had spent all morning thinking about everything that had happened and forgot to check the time. He came running in with a coffee he had grabbed on the way there. He looked around and noticed the entire team was looking right at him. He walked to his desk avoiding eye contact with everyone and put his stuff down. Everyone in the team came to Reid's desk apart from Hotch who was in his office doing paper work.
"Reid" Morgan put his hands on Reid's desk and looked at him. Reid avoided eye contact and continued what he was doing.
"Reid I know you didn't cheat on me" Morgan continued.
Reid let out a little laugh before covering it up. "You just realised that now" Reid said looking up and staring Morgan down.
"Garcia found the photo online showing that the photo sent to me was photoshopped" Morgan finished "I am so sorry Reid"
"Yes and that makes it so much better doesn't it" Reid said standing up to face Morgan "you yell at me, call me a liar and worst of all you don't trust me"
Reid stares at Morgan with pain clear in his eyes but says nothing more. The rest of the team just look at each other and are about to say something when Hotch comes out of his office.
"Everyone in the briefing room we have been given an update on the case" Hotch commanded
Everyone entered the briefing room and Reid sat as far away from Morgan as he could showing he was still upset by yesterday's incident. JJ began speaking about the development but Reid couldn't concentrate. He was looking around and layed his eyes on Hotch who was already looking at him. Hotch was smiling then raised his eyebrow making Reid smile before covering it up. They remained like this until Reid broke away and concentrated back on JJ. Hotch then also broke away doing the same but Morgan wasn't concentrating. He had just witnessed what happened between Hotch and Reid and was jealous but also annoyed. Hotch had only been with Reid for yesterday afternoon but something had happened between the two of them but Morgan couldn't tell what.