*Chapter 19: Troublesome ex... What?

I remember how I needed the password for WIFI  from my Internet café in order to publish those chapters that I wrote on my phone offline. Ah, the good old days when I had no internet nor PC QAQ

P.S. Spicy chicken Chicklit movies that ruined my youth and made me have prejudice against blondes! I'm never letting my kids watch them.

__________________

Future is everlasting, but the past . . . past is never ending.

We composed ourselves by the time Blake's mother, Grace, came to call us for dinner. She also brought me some spare clothes to wear as well as a bag for my dress which I was really grateful for. Grace surprisingly took my existence well, never complaining nor asking about my identity. To my surprise, Ayden had become best friends with George or so others told me, as they even went to venture those labyrinths together.

Almost everyone left the party except for the two of us and Ayden; Max and Melissa already long gone, we were left with Blake's family, Lucas excluded. He wasn't around and I was honestly glad for it, I was not sure how my second meeting with him would go. Blake, on the other hand, seemed overjoyed by the fact that that man wasn't with us and gladly ate with his family wearing a smile almost all the time. His grandpa, Mel and Grace seemed to be touched by his mood.

I, however, thought that he was creepy, anyone would if they had Blake, who was usually frowning all the time, now smiling for almost half an hour. That simply didn't go well with me.

My mind, on the other hand, did what it knew the best—forget everything or push it aside until it came back at me ten times worse. Shaking my head, I focused on the conversation going on in front of the mansion, as Blake's mother tried to make us stay.

"Is it truly necessary to leave, you could've stayed for a few more days?" Grace asked, and I understood that it was because she missed her son so much. Apparently he rarely visited them and stayed the night. I studied his mother, she didn't look older than thirty-something, yet I knew she was in her fifties. Her hair black like Blake's, but he didn't get his looks from her but from his father. I wondered if he didn't like that, why did he hate his father? Would he ever tell me?

"I know, but Kaley's been feeling rather ill in the last few days, so we have to go home and make sure she's taking her medicines," Blake replied, throwing her an apologetic look and she sighed, I almost elbowed him for putting the blame on me.

"Jesus, Blake. You can't forget something so important. You should know better than anything how serious even an ordinary flu can get if left unattended," Her smaller frame scolding him seemed funny, and he frowned before shifting his gaze to me, avoiding his mother's eyes. My ears perked in interest, I could feel that her words had some deeper meaning, but wouldn't dare to ask.

"I know, mother. I know, but she's okay. We already went to check on her and it's nothing too serious, just some stomach ache," he mumbled and she gasped.

"Blake!" he closed his eyes, knowing that he made a mistake, I regarded them with interest. Ayden became impatient next to me from waiting, sad that George had to leave earlier to return Amy to Melissa who stayed up late all night in order to keep Ayden company. I was really happy that she cared for him, and that Blake's grandfather so easily accepted my little brother and I.

"I know, I know mother. Which reminds me, we might need your help, the wedding is going to be in one month and we might not be able to pull it off ourselves." Blake gave her a boyish grin, her lips parted in surprise and I wasn't sure if it's because he said that the wedding was going to take place in a month or because he asked for help. I didn't mind, I had no idea how to plan a wedding myself and his mother seemed like a real lady and like she knew everything I didn't.