*Chapter 21: Dared to Date

It's interesting how people that know the least about us usually have the most to say.

"Kaley, truth or dare?"

"Dare!"

"I dare you to go on a date with me."

If I were to try and explain how it came to that event on the day when Blake asked me out, I was not sure that I would do a proper job. We were just laying on the ground in the living room, four hours of shopping for baby stuff later, and bored out of life when he asked me the question. It didn't take me even one second to choose a dare because I was in an incredible need to do anything that I could've even killed someone if he ordered me to.

As for the truth? I don't know. What if he asked me if I liked him? Two versus one, it was only obvious which to choose. But him making me go out on a date with him was something I never imagined. Let's not even start on the part where he didn't ask me if I wanted it or not, just went whole command on me. Blake. So Blake.

Which is the reason why I'm here, in Blake's car, looking through the window replaying those three sentences in my head over and over again, trying to find the reason why I freaking agreed to it. "Do you seriously want to tell our kid that we didn't date before marriage?" he asked. "Don't make our already poor relationship even worse by robbing us of a date?"

Then he added, "I'll tie you up and take you to the haunted house," which was the last straw that made me move. I didn't know if Blake knew what the hell were dates supposed to be about, but this was so not one! Let's face it, first you dare someone to go with you on a date and dares in Truth or Dare were not up to rejection, and then you threaten them using the future events and tying up until they accept, and that is NOT something you do on a date.

Date. Desperate Adults Try Evolving into something better, a.k.a. normal adults in a relationship. That means that two adults are trying together, and not one being forced to go along with the other one. Date is all about two people agreeing to meet each other, isn't it? Wait! I was not an adult! Why was I complaining?

No, I actually was a legal adult, I was eighteen.

"We're going to the fair and the haunted house!" He informed me after a long pause that started the moment we got into the car. I moved my gaze towards him before giving him my biggest smile.

"Go yourself and make sure some ghost or zombie ends up killing you so that I can finally be rid of you forever," I was sure that my smile and my words told two completely different stories, but it couldn't be helped. I came to think that he only wanted to go to that stupid fair for that haunted house instead of an actual date.

"It is actually not a bad idea at all, I could use the rest of eternity to haunt you as a ghost. It would be fun to stalk you forever." He threw back at me, his eyes and his huge smile imitating my previous reaction as I came to realize that he was going to be incredibly huge pain in the posterior.

In which way exactly was what we were doing called a date?

"Are you sure that we are doing this properly?" I asked with a sigh, giving up on the argument. Since I never went out on a date, yes, I was nerdy. I never had a boyfriend, mostly because I thought that boys my age were dumb and those older than me evil. I had no idea what to do. What a kid was I back then.

"We dressed up nicely," he started and I saw the casual clothes he was wearing and jeans with white sweater and jacket I had on myself before shrugging. "We're going to the fair where most dates happen,"—just so that you could see the haunted house, but yes—"and it's only the two of us knowing what we're doing. The advice online said that romance is useless, horror is the real push when it comes to love. So, we'll go to the haunted house."