*Chapter 12: Visiting Max & Ryan

No one knows what the future is going to bring us, so it's pointless to fear the unknown.

"Wake up," A rough, but gentle voice interrupted my sleep.

"Go away," I replied, yawning.

"Wake up, the food is ready," There it is again. The person was coaxing me to open my eyes, and a part of me wanted to be coquettish and refuse.

"I don't want to." I myself had no idea just how spoiled I sounded at that moment.

"You must get up, it's ten in the morning, we've got to hurry up or we are going to be late," The voice said again, gently, but sternly. Wait, that voice.

Blake.

Late for what? Why did just remembering his name brought shivers to my spine.

"Where are we going?" I immediately regretted standing up so quickly; somehow I got my foot tangled on the blanket and I tripped off the bed onto Blake taking us both down. If I were into wrestling, I'd be a pro.

"Ouch," I weakly said preparing myself for his scowling because the third thing I learned about Blake was that he's either extremely protective or really pessimistic of what would be of me if he were to leave me alone.

"What the hell, woman?" And there it was. "Are you crazy? You could've hurt yourself; or made one of us break something! Who the hell rushes like that when waking up? Can't you be gentler, no one will steal your bed nor food, so there's no need to rush out like thunder!!"

His cursing was on, how I loved to call it, soft mode. Told you he was extremely pessimistic.

"Sorry, but you were the one rushing me to get up," I sheepishly said, he sighed.

"Get off of me, we have to hurry," he said again and I nodded, getting up and offering him a hand, which he gladly took.

However, even after he stood on his feet, he didn't let go of my hand, which only made it more awkward by staring at it. I once again asked myself why were we so close and why wasn't I running away.

"Umm, Blake, you can let go now." He snapped out of his daze before grinning.

"I was just wondering what type of wedding ring would suit you the best and I think I've found the perfect one," he said, making me blush.

Did I just blush? Why, I had no reason to. He was probably just being considerate of something I'd have to carry all around for as long as I was going to be his wife. It's not like he-

Shut up! Thoughts of mine, shut up for a second.

"Oh, well . . ." I did not know what to say as he let go of it.

"Go ahead and take a shower, I'll be waiting for you in the kitchen before we leave," he said.

"And what about you? Shower, I mean?" I said as he looked at with that passive look of his before suddenly grinning like a Cheshire cat. I didn't even need to hear his next words to know what he had in mind.

"Are you asking me to join you? For as much as that sounds inviting, I already had one, so enjoy your shower alone," There was a sexy smirk on his face as he provoked me.

Wait, sexy?

Did I really just use that word to describe his smile? What is going on in my head? Pregnancy was bad for me; it was turning me into a horny teenager.

"I-I wasn't, I mean not that . . . Ugh, why . . . Damn it!" I stormed out in frustration as he burst out laughing.

"Whatever floats your boat," he said, leaving me alone to prepare myself for . . . What was I supposed to hurry and prepare for? It usually took me at least another two hours to function properly after being up on my legs and it was by no means possible to do so in half that time with shower included.