*Chapter 11: Beautiful

Honestly, if I had more time, I'd have invested another 50k words into making this relationship a bit more natural and let it progress slowly. Sadly I don't, so YOLO 

* * *

Why is it that just because of one single mistake or good thing, people forget about all good or bad things others did to us? What is it in our nature that makes us either forgive or loathe?

I couldn't believe that I, Kaley Evansville, agreed to live with and marry Blake. It's like throwing yourself into a lion's den. Maybe I had some fever, because in all honesty, something was wrong with me. Do you know what was the worst part?

I didn't even mind it.

Who knows, maybe this would turn out to be good or something. But then again, I had that nagging feeling that it would all turn out to be hell.

I was unreasonable, he was unreasonable, life was unreasonable so to hell with everything!

At the very moment, I was at home packing things I wanted to take with me and Ayden. With Blake pestering me to move in as soon as possible, and Ayden rubbing salt to my wounds wanting to meet Amy, I decided to leave him once again at Blake's before coming home to pack our belongings.

"This as well?" Blake called from the living room, holding an old, rusty doll. Yup, I forgot to mention that he was helping me, but I let that thought slip from my thoughts. He found her! I immediately put down the photo frame of me and Ayden grinning for Christmas presents from three years ago and headed towards Blake to take Gretchen. It was an old doll I apparently had since I was a baby. I thought I had lost her.

"Oh my God, you found her!" I exclaimed before taking it. "She needs a few stitches here and there, but she's alive!" I hugged her as Blake warmly smiled at me. "What?" I asked with a glare and he raised his arms in surrender.

"Nothing, just . . . I had one too, a sailor boy, but it got burnt," he said and I felt sorry for him. No one deserved to see their childhood toys get destroyed. Moreover, how did it get burnt?

"Oh, well . . . we can always make you one," I suggested, making him chuckle.

"I have a new hobby now. I'm making boats and ships, so I don't really need one. Besides, I'm a grown-up now."

I rolled my eyes at his words before going back to my room to finish with the packing. "Just wanted to help," was all I said before resuming with what I've been doing for the last two hours.

Of course, I understood. The silent regret over something that cannot be regained when he said those words weren't just about his toy. But I didn't need to understand too much. We weren't a real couple; we were just two people trying to get along for the sake of our child. So his secrets and my secrets need not be opened for each other to see.

Few more minutes later, everything necessary and what held some sentimental memories for me was packed inside of six boxes. Blake cracked his knuckles before pulling the keys from his pocket and handling them to me.

"Press this button towards my car." He showed me which one, then he pointed to the boxes. "Then open the back doors for me. I'll get them inside." I remembered that Mel didn't know about me moving in her brother's house nor the reason why. Seeing as she knew that I was pregnant, I needed to ask her how she found out and inform her of the baby's father. But I was afraid. Yes, I was very scared to do that. How do you tell your best friend that she'll be the aunt of your child?