Chapter 5

I don't own any part of Harry Potter.

Third Person.

It was a week into Christmas break and Y/n had to spend it with Professor Snape as her punishment for arguing with Milo. However what no one except the pair know is that the time spent together was worthwhile. They got to know each other on a deeper scale, Y/n even got permission to call Snape Severus whenever they were alone. It was a great time for the two of them. Y/n learnt about Severus' terrible childhood which ended in a small cry session. Severus however let his barrier down in front of her. There was one thing she didn't quite know yet though. His past after he left school, it was his deatheater days the times he wasn't proud of. He wasn't prepared for it to get out yet, especially since Y/n wasn't fully educated in the past war.

Y/n was stood in the doorway of Severus' quarters watching him wash up the muggle way, she was curious as to why he never rolled up his sleeves for it. She walked over and attempted to roll them up but he swatted her away straight away. "Severus, why do you feel the need to get your sleeves wet? Just roll them up." She giggled. He frustratedly turned around and rolled his eyes at her.
"Well, perhaps I don't want my sleeves rolled up. Why don't you just shut up and go do something." He had never spoken to Y/n like that before, it was the same tone his father took with his mother and he swore to never turn into him but by the time he noticed his mistake, Y/n had already walked out.

Y/n walked off into the bathroom, she looked at herself in the mirror and sobbed. As soon as she got her composure back she walked out completely ignoring the ignorant man. "Y/n, please." He said as she walked out, she grabbed a book and left assumably to the astronomy tower. He allowed her to be mad at him, after all, he was still pissed at himself for doing that to her. It wasn't even her fault if he just came clean about his deatheater past his sleeves would be rolled.

Y/n walked away from the school completely, there was a ledge nearby where she walked off. She wanted to be completely and utterly alone. She wondered what the reasons could be. It could be that he harmed himself but she felt she would've been told when they started getting to know each other. Come to think of it she had never seen him in anything less than a long sleeve jumper. It was odd but she felt like he was self-conscious about his body. She latched on to that theory and decided to try and help the man. She pushed her anger aside and walked back down to his chambers. She walked in with a small smile. "Hey, Severus." She smiled and he basically jumped from the sofa.
"You-you came back." He was absolutely shocked. Y/n just nodded.
"I just wanted to say that I think you're the most handsome person in the whole damn world. Erm. I shouldn't have tried to force your sleeves up. It was wrong of me and I- well I am really sorry." She told the man who smiled but his face was full of other guilt. He paused for a moment before thinking of his next words.
"I can't lie to you anymore." He murmured, he looked down ashamed. "Will you come with me. To Dumbledore's office?" He asked and she nodded softly. The two walked out and all the way to the headmaster's office.

Severus spoke the password and they were greeted by Dumbledore. "Hello Severus, what can I do for you, my boy?" The headmaster asked and Severus sat down, Y/n remained stood and confused.
"I need to tell her about, my past after school." The headmaster seemed to understand. He nodded allowing Severus to show her. He then unbuttoned the cuffs of his shirt and rolled up his left sleeve. There it was the dark mark. A symbol of the deatheaters that joined Lord Voldemorts ranks for the war.

"That's the mark, the erm guy who killed a baby or tried to I can't remember but he's evil, why... How?" Y/n was shocked about the mark, she wasn't completely aware of its meaning but she knew it was bad.
"It is bad I know, it is why I don't share that part of my past. I'm sorry." He was broken and Y/n could see. However, she could never let the past of such a man taunt her views of him, sure she will be a little worried but still feel great about him nonetheless. She sighed but took his left arm in her hand and stroked her thumb up and down the mark.
"This doesn't define you unless you let it. You can and are so much more than this." Severus smiled at her words.

"Y/n I assume you are aware that you cannot tell anyone of this," Dumbledore warns. Y/n nods. Then he allows the two of them to leave. As soon as they get back down to Severus' room Y/n does something unthinkable.

Y/n walked over to Severus and shoved him down onto the couch. "You, my dear are the bravest man I have ever met." She then leaned in and kissed him, the emotion was poured into it and he pulled her onto his lap.
"You Y/n L/n are the kindest woman I have ever met." Y/n smiles, she was truly falling in love. The two kissed for a little before slowly pulling away.
"So it is erm Christmas in a couple of days, how do you normally celebrate?" She smiled still sitting on his lap.
"I haven't celebrated Christmas in years, I had nobody to celebrate with, no friends to exchange gifts with." Y/n felt sad the man clearly wanted a better life than this, she was willing to do anything to make his life better.
"Well let me just say I will make this a Christmas you will never forget." She giggled hugging into him. 

End of Chapter. 

Hiiii, please vote, comment and follow me. How is everybody let me know? 1045 words.