Chapter 6

I don't own any part of Harry Potter. 

I will tell you when to play the song. 

Third Person.

Y/n was asked by Professor Dumbledore if she could sing for the hall on Christmas, she agreed of course, and quickly got to songwriting. In the days she had she wrote a beautiful song which she was incredibly proud of. She couldn't wait for the school and mainly Severus to hear it. 

Christmas Morning. 

Y/n woke up alone in the Hufflepuff dorms, she was so excited. She jumped out of bed and ran to the common room. Under the tree was 3 presents for her. 1 from her Gran, another from her parents and the last from Bill. She smiled as she began to open them. She opened her grand first. Guide to getting the perfect guy. Y/n giggled, her Gran was always the one to get funny gifts. She also really wanted to see Y/n get her first boyfriend. Y/n put the book to the side and opened the present from her parents. It was a hat... It's the thought that counts, she told herself. Lastly was Bill's gift. As she opened it she realised there were two things and a note.

Mum wanted to make you a jumper, 

Y/n smiled. Her eyes widened as she saw the other gift. It was a muggle book by an amazing writer, William Shakespeare. It was called Hamlet. Y/n scanned the book as she did a note fell out. 

I asked dad to take it from the Ministry's muggle artefact office. I feel you'd love it.

Y/n did love it, she had read a few works of Shakespeare like Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth but she had yet to read this one. Once she brought all her presents up to her room she decided to go visit Severus to give him his present. As she got down to his office she heard two voices inside. 
"He is your godson Severus, just come by the mansion sometime. For once can you just leave this god awful place." The voice sounded familiar but she couldn't remember where it was from. Then she heard Severus' frustrating voice reply.
"My godson or not, I have work to do students to prepare for and I have to be at the feast today. Why don't you just bring young Draco here?" Y/n didn't know whether to enter or wait, she decided not to disturb them so she sat down and pulled out Hamlet which she brought with her. From the blurb and cover she thought the book would be a tragic one, Y/n was very observational. 

Whilst Y/n was so engrossed in her book she hadn't realised that the two men were finished and had both left Severus' office. "Ahem." The voice broke Y/n out her book. She looked up and the same blonde-haired man that had informed her all those months ago that she would be staying at Hogwarts was stood in front of her. She quickly stood up. 
"Merry Christmas." She said to the man who looked her up and down.
"And what would a lady like yourself be doing sitting in the halls of the dungeon?" He raised an eyebrow.
"I have to stay with Professor Snape during the whole holiday as a punishment. I heard you two speaking so I didn't want to disturb you." She spoke innocently. He smirked before turning dramatically and walking away. She then entered Severus' office thinking of how odd that was. 

"Y/n... You alright you look... Confused." Severus spoke in his low tone. Y/n smiled and pulled out her present for him.
"Yeah, I'm okay just had a weird talk with that man you were speaking to." Severus scoffs. "I erm got you a present." She handed him the gift and his face softened.
"What- erm thank you." He took it politely and unwrapped it. Inside was a very rare potions book, it was technically not sold in this country but she managed to get it and translate it from the language. "Where did you get this I have never seen it before." He inspected the book with amazement. 
"You can't actually buy it here in the UK but I know some people and bought it and translated it to English for you to use. It is one of the most detailed and accurate books to date. I hope it isn't a bad gift, I don't know much of what you like." He smirked and hugged his student firmly. He then pulled away and bent down his desk, he pulled out a poorly wrapped gift which made Y/n giggle. "You have never wrapped a present have you." She smirked and his face reddened. He handed it to her and she opened it. Her eyes started to water as she looked at it, it was a snow globe with all the memories of them together. "This is bloody gorgeous." Tears trickled down her cheek as she watched the globe changed from memory to memory as she shook it.