twenty six || amber's good mood

Amber woke up to Cassandra barging into her room. "Amber! I can't believe you didn't tell me!" She yelled.
"Why are you yelling? It's way too early for this, Cass."
"Cause, Amber, you didn't tell me about Charlie! Henry told me all about it. I'm so happy for you, Am!"
"Thanks, Cass. Can I go back to sleep now?"
"Sure. Sweet dreams!"
Amber would never understand how her sister could be so peppy and energetic in the mornings.
That was Saturday morning and now it's Monday. Amber was excited to go to school today because instead of dreading seeing Charlie in the halls, she was happy about it. Amber got ready, putting on her makeup, brushing her hair and tying it into half up-half down, and putting on one of her favorite button up sweaters, a tank top, and the jeans she wore basically daily.  Then, she picked her air force ones as shoes and ran downstairs.
"You look like you're in a good mood." Her mother said, smiling. Last week, Amber seemed more upset and her mother didn't know why. Now the girl seemed happier than ever and her mom was glad about it.
"I am." Amber smiled.
"Why is that?"
"I don't know, just am." Amber lied. She hated lying but she didn't want her mom to know about Charlie yet. Her mom would probably get overly excited about it and make a big deal of it.
"Well, I'm happy to see you happy, Am."
"I love you, mom."
"Love you, Am." Her mom said, getting up to get more coffee.
Then, Cassandra came downstairs. "Henry is so slow." She complained. It was normal for either Cassandra or Amber to complain about their brothers terrible punctuality every morning. Then the other sister would agree and go yell for Henry to come down. That was useless most of the time but Amber went upstairs to get him anyways.
"Henry! Come on, we gotta get to school." She yelled, knocking at his door.
"Why? Wanna see your boyfriend?" He teased.
"He's not my boyfriend and no, I wanna see my biology grade stay an A which I need to be in biology to do. If I'm not in class, I won't know what's going on and I'll fail!" Amber explained.
Henry opened the door, finally ready. "You need to chill, Amber. Loosen up, have a fun high school experience!" Amber rolled her eyes and turned away, walking down the steps. Henry followed her and the three siblings left for school. All of Amber's classes were back to normal and math was just like it was before. During study hall, Amber told Julie and Connie about the dance and how he asked her. They were so excited for her. They were also excited to have her sitting with them again.
As they walked to the cafeteria, Amber explained she had to go tell her other friends she's going to sit with the team again sometimes.
When they got to the cafeteria, Amber went over to her three friends who were sitting there. Grace already knew everything that happened but Ross and Bradley didn't. "Hey guys! So I talked with Charlie and everything's fine now! I'm going to start switching tables every day like I did that one week."
"Why don't you just always sit with them?" Bradley said angrily.
This caught Amber by surprise. "What?"
Ross looked at him, like a warning not to do this right now. Bradley just looked away and Amber awkwardly said bye to her friends and walked towards her teammates.
Averman held a fork up, like a microphone and spoke into it, "And Amber Newton is back! Amber, how long do you think you'll sit here this time?" He shoved the fork into her face.
"Very funny, Averman." She said sarcastically.
He pulled the fork back towards himself, "Well how long?"
With the fork back in her face as a microphone, she said "That depends how long Charlie takes to piss me off again." The whole team laughed and Amber sat down.
"Well how long will you take to do that, Charlie?" Averman asked, still speaking into the fork like this was an interview.
"Hopefully, I won't." Charlie said into the fork, wrapping his arm around Amber, hugging her. She smiled and looked up at him.
"Aww." Averman said sarcastically and laughing.
"Get a room, you two." Dean said.
"Shut it, Portman." Amber said rolling her eyes. Everyone laughed and Amber was so happy.

---

A/N: I know this chapter is short but it's probably my favorite chapter cause the 'interview' part was so adorable and funny lol