bonus one || meet the parents

"I can't believe you're skipping family movie night for this!" Mrs. Newton said as her daughter finished getting ready for her date.
"Mom, come on. I really like him."
"Well, you shouldn't have made the date for tonight."
Amber looked at her mother and rolled her eyes. Then, the door bell rung.
"Crap! Mom, I'm not ready! Can you go get the door and make sure dad doesn't drive Charlie absolutely crazy?"
"Sure, honey." Mrs. Newton said leaving the room.

Charlie's POV:
Charlie arrived at Amber's house and rung the doorbell. Charlie had met Cassandra like once and obviously met Henry multiple times but he had never met either of Amber's parents. He was really nervous. Mrs. Newton opened the door.
"Hi, Charlie! I've heard a lot about you. It's really nice to meet you." She smiled.
"Hi, Mrs. Newton, it's uh- it's nice to meet you too." He said nervously.
"There's no need to be nervous, Charlie." She looked down at the pink roses in his hands. "Are those flowers for Amber?"
"Yeah, because they're her favorite color."
"She'll love them. Anyways, come on in."
Charlie walked into the house.
"Charlie." Mr. Newton sighed.
"Hello, Sir." Charlie said, way more nervous than he had been meeting Amber's mom. Henry laughed a little at the boy's nervousness.
"You don't need to call him Sir, dude." Henry said. "Just call him Mr. Newton."
"Uh, hi, Mr. Newton." Charlie said.
"Charlie, taking my daughter out on a date means-" He began before Amber cut him off.
"Dad!" She yelled, annoyed at the bottom of the stairs. "Stop torturing my boyfriend please."
"I wasn't torturing him. I was just trying to talk to him." He defended.
"Mhm. Goodbye, everyone. I love you. Hurry, Charlie. We have to go before he starts try to torture you again."
Charlie laughed before getting dragged away by his girlfriend. He waved goodbye to her family and they walked out the door.
"So was it bad?" Amber asked.
"I called him sir and Henry laughed." Charlie said, embarrassed. Amber laughed too.
"It's fine, Char. They'll love you once you really talk to them, trust me. I do." Amber smiled. Charlie smiled and held the girl's hand. Then, they started walking. They had an amazing date: walk to the park, have a romantic and fun picnic, rollerblade around with Charlie teaching Amber cool tricks. Amber had a great day, just like she normally did. With Charlie, everyday was happy and perfect.