twenty eight || shopping for the dance

"Yay you're here!" Amber hugged Grace as she walked into the house. It was now Friday, exactly a week after Charlie had asking Amber to the dance and exactly a week before the dance happened. Today was dress and suit shopping day. "Bradley and Ross are already here so I'll go get Henry now."
"Henry?" Grace questioned, confused.
"Yeah, he's driving us and then meeting Scooter and Sam there. Their gonna get suits for the dance too." Amber replied, running off to get her brother.

---

Once they arrived at the store, Grace and Amber separated from Bradley and Ross. Before Henry went off with his friends, he turned to his sister and Grace, "What color tie should I get?"
"Lilac!" Amber said smiling.
"Alright." Henry agreed and walked off.
The two girls started their search for the perfect dress. They both grabbed a couple dresses, different styles and colors. "Oh my god! Grace, look at this! It's so pretty." Amber said.
"Ooh, yeah, you'd look great." Grace smiled.
"No, for you. I'm thinking of going with a different color. Lilac's not really my color but it's so pretty. Try it!"
"Ew, I don't wanna match with your brother."
"It's not matching, it's just coincidentally wearing the same color because it's a really pretty color." Amber explained, shoving the dress towards her friend. Amber was right, it was a gorgeous dress and color so Grace took it and they kept looking, just to get options. Once they both had enough dresses they went to the dressing rooms and saw Bradley and Ross waiting for them.
"You guys take forever." Ross stated.
"Jeez, what do you have so many dresses for?" Bradley asked.
Amber and Grace laughed, "Options, duh." Amber said.
Ross and Bradley rolled their eyes at the two girls, laughing. Then, the four each went into a dressing room. Amber tried on the first dress she picked. It was a red strapless dress with a tight fitted, rhinestone covered top and a flowing a bottom. She liked it but she didn't think it would be good for homecoming. Then, she tried a green dress with a tighter top and a loose bottom that flowed when she spun. It was pretty but she decided to keep trying dresses, she had three left. She tried on a tight, strapless, white, glittery dress and then a plain short blue one. They were too plain for the dance. Lastly, she tried on a loose, light pink, flowing dress with a slit in the side. It was perfect. She walked out of the dressing room, "Grace, I found the perfect dress!"
"Me too! You were right the lilac one is so pretty!" Grace exclaimed, opening the door to her dressing room. "Oh my gosh, you look gorgeous, Am!"
"Thanks, I love the lilac! You look so pretty." Amber smiled. The two girls walked out to the room in between the boys' and girls' dressing rooms. The boys were already sitting there, Ross in a black suit with a red tie and Bradley in a dark blue suit with a black bow tie.
They looked up at the girls. "Wow." They said in unison, causing both the girls to laugh a bit.
"You guys look amazing." Ross complimented.
"Thanks, so do you." Amber smiled. Bradley just stared at Amber and her perfect smile.
"So are you guys ready? This is it?" Grace questioned. They all nodded in  agreement and went back to change into their normal clothes. Amber picked up all the dresses and they headed to check out to meet Henry.
"You guys took forever." Henry said, rolling his eyes.
"Sorry, we needed to find the perfect dresses!" Amber defended.
"Well, what are you getting?" Henry asked. Both girls held their dresses up to show him. "Pretty, let's go pay now." They walked over to the cashier. Amber handed her the four dresses she didn't want and then they paid for the one she did want. They also got Henry's plain black suit and lilac bow tie. Then, everyone else bought their things and they left the store.
"So, which dress do you guys like better?" Grace asked.
"I don't know, I like them both." Ross said.
"Probably yours, Gracie." Henry said.
"Thanks, Henny!"
Amber jokingly hit her brother's arm and said "What a rude brother!"
"Well, I like Amber's better." Bradley said.
"Thank you, Bradley." Amber said and smiled.
"What about the suits?" Ross asked.
"I like the traditional black ones like yours and Henny's." Grace said.
"Hmm... probably Bradley's. I love blue." Amber said.
"Do you guys have dates for the dance?" Grace questioned.
"Nope." Bradley said.
"Yeah, I'm going with Evie. She's in our biology class, Bradley." Ross said.
"Oh, right." Bradley said.
"I don't." Henry said.
"Not a surprise, I mean who would wanna go with you." Amber teased, laughing.
"Shut it, you wouldn't have a date if it weren't for me anyways. You wouldn't have let him even talk to you." Henry said, causing Amber to roll her eyes. "Anyways, Gracie, what about you?"
"Nope, no date." She said. Then, they just continued talking about the dance the whole way home. Amber and Grace were overly excited about it.
Once they got home, Grace, Bradley, and Ross decided to stay at Amber's house. They set up air mattresses and sleeping bags in the family room. Ross looked for a movie for them to watch while Amber and Grace went upstairs to change into comfier clothes. Amber put on her favorite sweats and Grace put on pajama pants. Then, they went back downstairs.
"You still didn't find a movie?" Amber questioned.
"Nope, I'm not very good at finding movies. I don't know why you left this up to me." Ross said.
"Here, I'll do it." Grace said, taking the remote.
"Okay, I'll be right back. I need to call Charlie and let him know what color my dress is so he can match it." Amber said going off to the kitchen. She dialed his number and waited for him to answer.
"Hello?" A girl's voice said.
"Hi, um, this is Amber."
"Oh, hi, Amber! It's Casey, I'll go get Charlie, one second."
A few seconds later, Charlie spoke, "Hey, Amber!"
"Hi, Charlie. I got my dress! It's a light pink color."
"Alright, I'll get a tie or something the same color."
"Okay, perfect. Um, I gotta go cause we're gonna watch a movie but I'll talk to you tomorrow."
"Bye, Am."
"Bye!" Amber said and put the phone down before walking back to the family room. They watched The Outsiders and had a good night.

---

A/N: We're gonna ignore the fact that Emilio Estevez (Bombay) is in Outsiders lmao