prologue

Snow was quietly falling down the street outside the big window. Snowflakes dancing and twirling through the cold wind that came up some days ago. The weather in England was really cold only adding up to the already quiet and depressing aura flowing through the Orphanage. Even though he had been living here as long as he could think of, this place had never felt like home.

The walls were too white, only increasing the unloving and cold feeling. Long corridors with too many rooms for children who had never felt like home. Harry had always dreamt of growing up in a loving household somewhere. Somehow he had never been enough for a family to take him somewhere. Somewhere that could feel like home.

Louis was peacefully sleeping in his bed, the had been sharing a room ever since they've met all those years ago, but Harry sat sleeplessly at the window watching the snow fall down quietly before they faded on the sidewalk.

His stomach had been hurting the whole day due to his rising anxiety. He was so scared and helpless. Harry knew he needed to talk to someone. His time was running out. Watching the clock on the wall ticking. 3:12 am. Before his gaze settled on the boy sleeping peacefully in his bed. He looked so young when he was sleeping. Careless.

Harry had met Louis when he was only 3, Louis being 5, because his mom had died. He got into the orphanage since his dad wasn't on display. Ever since then Louis and him had shared a room together. Harry had met a lot of people here but him and Louis shared a different bond all along. Harry had always been very emotional and kind of sensitive, where Louis always protected him since he was older.

There was a time when Harry's close friend got picked up by a family where he had been going through a rough time. Of course Louis, sweet Louis, had comforted him and helped him through it.

Louis had lost his family in a car crash when he was only 4 years old.

Now they're both older but still as close as in the beginning. They've been too old for anyone wanting to adopt them when they got here and now there isn't any hope left. Well that's what he thought till yesterday.

Yesterday Nathalie, a lovely woman who works here, told him that his dad's parents found out he lived here and they want to adopt him. Harry doesn't want that. He had tried so hard to avoid talking or thinking about his dad's side of the family. He despised those people. They're really religious and Harry's mom broke off the contact as she found out they hit him when he was wearing his princess dress that his sister had bought him.

Oh his lovely sister.

She went with Harry into the orphanage but she was older than Harry. Harry hadn't understood it back then but his sister ran away some years ago. At first he blamed everyone but mostly himself. Why could he never be enough?

Looking back now, he understands of course. Adoption is a cruel center.

The higher people who owned this orphanage weren't helping either. Beside Nathalie and Barbara no one nice works here. Louis has been protecting the younger ones always. When they were checking in here and wanted to talk, Louis always went alone. He came back really late barging into their room. He just smiled telling him 'it's fine.' It was never just fine. Louis wold hold Harry and comfort the worrying boy.

"I'd protect you at all cost, Harry, all of you." He just told him.

At first Harry wanted to go after her. He couldn't stand the pain but Louis helped him. He held him close to his chest and whispered sweet nothings into his ear. Harry can't live with his grandparents, knowing he'll be without Louis. He can't live without him. Not after everything they've been through.

So he needs to tell Louis. Louis always knows what to do. What to say and he's always been able to count on him. His kid soul always helping everyone.

Ask him for help. To go with him. To run away.