{16}Almost

George opened his wardrobe. Today was Thursday, tomorrow was the dance. 

He quickly got ready, a simple hoodie and jeans would do. He was so excited to spend as much time with Dream now that he had settled his emotions to the boy. 

But there was still that nagging feeling at the back of his mind: You're going as FRIENDS. nothing more. he doesn't even like you, so don't get your hopes up.

"No..." George said to himself as he stepped out the door. I can't let the voice get me down again, Dream has taught me how to ignore it, thats why I love him...

"Hey! George!"

He turned around "Ugh what do you want Harriet?" 

She didn't say anything. But in a swift movement, she wrapped her arms around her brother in a tight hug. "I'm...sorry George."

George was shocked. Sorry?  Harriet had never apologised to anyone before. 

"I've been a dick to you for so long...I just felt like, to make mum happy, I had to treat you like she treats you. I-" a tear fell down her cheek.

"hey hey its OK! I agree, you were a dick. But...I accept your apology," he wiped the tear away from her cheek.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Thank you! I'll be the best sister I can be from now on."

They shared another warm hug, the two of them smiling contently.

"One question though, why are you saying all this...now?"

Harriet detached herself from her brother, looking away nervously "Well I-I overheard you and mum last night...I realised she is a fucking witch-"

"SHHHH SHE MIGHT HEAR YOU!" George whisper shouted.

"Sorry! It's the truth though!"

"I agree...oh shit I'm gonna be late!" he saw the clock on the wall ticking away "Thanks for apologising again- have a-a good day!" George stumbled out the door.

"You too! Go get your mans!"

"HEY!" 

Harriet smirked as a half-flustered George ran down the drive.

*

"I'm so happy for you too again, you make a really cute couple!" George said as Karl and Sapnap interlocked fingers at the lunch table.

"Thanks George, you and Dream are also not a bad match," Sapnap smirked.

Dream chocked on his water "S-Sap!"

"What!? I'm just sayin'-"

DING!  The bell chimed, signalling end of lunch.

"Saved by the bell, otherwise I would have-"

"Now now kids, we all know you like each other~" Karl said as he got up with Sapnap.

"Ugh, see you guys on the bus," Dream disappeared into the crowd of students going to lesson.

See? He doesn't like you back, this is a one sided situation~

"George? You OK?" Ranboo looked at George worriedly.

"Y-yeah I'm fine...are you going to the dance?" 

"yep!"

"Going with anyone?"

Tubbo overheard their conversation from behind them in class, he leaned over and joined in.

"Hey!" George turned to the short brunette "You better not be asking Ranboo to the dance!"

"What? No no I would never was just curious!"

"Hmmmm...OK. He wouldn't say yes anyway, he's going with me!"

"I-I am? I-I did not know t-this-"

"yep. I just decided, now."

"Alrighty then-"

Tubbo leaned back into his seat. Ranboo, slightly flustered, got back to taking notes hurriedly.

"GAY!" Tommy half-shouted as Tubbo leaned back next to him. The teacher gave Tommy a glare and he shut up.

*

"See you at the party George!" 

"yeah, cya," he waved to the trio as they dispersed to their bus queues.

George boarded his bus and sat down in his usual spot. Dream shortly came in, sitting next to his friend as usual.

"So...tomorrow..." Dream started.

"yeah?"

"Be ready by half five, I'll meet you outside our house. That should give us enough time to talk to school."

"Y-yep! I'll be there," he smiled nervously, butterflies attacked his stomach violently. he almost felt sick with anticipation.

"See you tomorrow then," Dream smiled and gave him a light wave.

George waved back and both boys walked into their house.

*Sorry for all the skips, I'm lazy :^*

George ran into his house. He had just finished school, and he had a couple hours to get ready for the dance. 

Picking his outfit out carefully, he decided on a simple baggy white button up shirt, with dark blue trousers and a matching jacket.

He made sure to put enough perfume on, and decided to put it in his bag just in case. Brushing his teeth for the 3rd time that day, he grinned at himself in the bathroom mirror. 

He can do this.

Checking the time, he hurried downstairs. Grabbing his bag and double checking all his things. He had five minutes left until he should be outside.

"Good luck George, I'm sure you'll come back a married man," Harriet beamed at him from the couch.

"Harriet!"

"What I'm just saying he's totally into you!"

"How do you know? And how did you even know that I liked him?"

Harriet burst out laughing "Are you serious? God you two are so dense! You're meant fro each other, trust me. Think of it as soulmates."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

George smiled, he was glad she had changed for the better. Drista must have had some part in it too probably-

"Now go! You don't want to keep your boyfriend waiting!"

...

"Boyfriend?" his mother had entered the room.

Shit

|AAA ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT!|