I Thought Bucky Hates Plumes

What's up guys! Right back atcha with another chapter! What what!

Too much? Who cares? Not me!

Is anyone else as psyched as I am about Bucky's next appearance and the fact that he is going to stay on the scene for the rest of this book?!

And please comment and vote, it really makes my day and helps keep this book and series going!

~Grace

Melissa's pov

I was squeezing the life out of Steve's hand as we were sitting in the front pew at Peggy's funeral. He was doing likewise and I watched Sharon Carter walk up. She decided to talk because I knew that if I went up there, I would fall apart.

She noticed Steve and took a deep breath, "Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD... but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy.". Steve looks up and recognizes Sharon and takes in a surprised breath.

"She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK.", I smiled at the memory. Peggy was scared as shit, her hands were fumbling trying to fix her dress and I had to slap her hands away to get her to calm down. "As a kid, that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related." and she looks directly at Steve.

"I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage in a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. And she said, compromise where you can. But where you can't, don't. Even if the whole world is telling you to move... it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye and say 'No, you move.' ".

In the TV room with Sam...

I was with Sam, watching the news coverage on the Vienna bombing. They showed footage of the smoldering building, smoke drifting heavenwards. There was a huge gaping hole and I thought that the person who did this was evil. This had to be premeditated, malicious, cold-blooded murder.

And then what I saw next was unbelievable. I saw a photo of Bucky and they said that he was the bomber. I started hyperventilating and Sam got Steve.

Steve came in and the news anchor said, "A bomb hidden in a news van ripped through the UN building in Vienna. More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier.". I took in a sharp breath again and Steve quickly wrapped his protective arms around me. "The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations.".

"I have to go to work.", Sharon said grimly.

Steve approaches Sam and Melissa in a coffee shop...

"She tell you to stay out of it? Might have a point." Sam is in a cap and shades, but not me. I'm wearing a white beanie and shades. Yeah, I'm special.

"If he talked to the Natasha I know then yes.", I answered him in a low voice.

"He'd do it for me.", Steve said, referring to Bucky.