There Is Always Another Side To Everyone

Hey guys, so I'm super psyched for this trip that I and my family are going on in a couple of weeks. So we've been refraining from spending a lot of money, because we aren't the wealthiest people in the world. But thankfully my step- great grandfather (is that even a thing? My family's complicated) is pretty well off, so he's helping us out. We're going to visit my family in Tennessee then go to the Smokey Mountains with my grandma and grandpa on my mom's side. But plot twist! They've been divorced for 30 years! And they rarely even speak or see each other. I told you my family's complicated. It should be very interesting.

Okay, back to the story. And don't forget to comment!

~Grace

Melissa's pov

The caravan of military vehicles came to a sudden stop at some military air base somewhere in Germany. Moments later, the doors to our van flew open and two cops grabbed Wanda and I out of the vehicle.

"Hey! There's no need to treat Wanda that way! She's a kid!", I yelled at the cop who was rough handling Wanda. He ignored me, and I got a slap across the face from the cop who was bringing me to a jet. I saw Sam, Scott, and Clint being lead into the jet.

Stumbling on the stairs up to the jet, my eyes stung with hot tears. This is what Wanda will have to experience at such a young age. I was enraged and I wanted so badly to beat the shit out of the all of these cops and get Wanda the hell out of here.

The cop pushed my head down as we entered the jet. He shoved me down onto a seat and cuffed me to it. I looked up and gave him a savage glare. I couldn't see what his face looked like because it was covered by a visor on his helmet.

He turned and joined a group of other cops who were standing guard. Hands clenching into fists, I contemplated breaking my bonds, but also weighed the consequences. Spend who knows how long in a high security prison? Or breaks these bonds and potientally kill myself?

Those thoughts churning through my head were stopped abruptly by a voice in my head, "Melissa.".

I almost said Wanda out loud but stopped myself and looked around. My eyes landed on Wanda and she nodded ever so slowly that I had to concentrate to make sure that she was nodding. 'Wanda', I answered. My vision swirled and once it finally refocused, I wasn't in the same place

I was sitting in a quaint, 40s style living room. I realized that I was sitting in a yellow, green paisley print armrest and I looked up to see Wanda sitting in a matching loveseat. "Since when have you been able to do this?", I asked.

"Always. Sometimes I would create a scene with Pietro. We would be back in our little apartment. Mama would be cooking some spaetzle and Papa would've just come home from work. We would say grace and eat. That was the place that Pietro and I could always escape to, if only for a moment.", tears welled in her eyes as she spoke.

"You could do it again. Anytime you want to, right?", I placed a hand on her knee comfortingly and I was shocked that I could actually move.

"Yes, but it wouldn't be the same without Pietro.", Wanda said sadly, her thick accent choking with tears. Her eyes filled with sudden anger "I hate Tony." Wanda told me passionately.

I was kind of shocked at Wanda's passionate statement, but I was feeling the same way, "As much as I loathe to admit it, I think I'm starting to hate him too." I said reluctantly.