ii. Chapter 3

Orya shifted against the figure that was behind her, drawing a heavy sigh from him.

"You good?" She asked, turning and meeting the dark eyes of Eddie Brock.

"I was about to ask you the same thing." He raised a brow, gesturing to her constantly vibrating phone that she clasped in her hands.

A few weeks ago they had created a group chat that consisted of Corven, Felix, Peter, and herself. They had struggled to name themselves, finding it difficult. Felix had suggested "Black Cats Bitches" while Peter had insisted on "Young Avengers". Eventually Corven swooped in with "The Royal Flush", with each member taking a certain suit and card.

KoH: Ace of Spades is going to the Sokovia Accords

JoD: Like THE Sokovia Accords?

QoC: Are their other Sokovia Accords going on?

JoD: Queen, that was unnecessary

QoC: Just pointing out that Ace can make his own decisions.

QoC: When did it become our responsibility to check up on him?

JoD: Well King is dating him, and you and I have been his best friends since diapers. Perfectly normal for friends to worry about friends.

QoC: Fe would do it even if we told you not to, so why bother.

KoH: ARE YOU GUYS WATCHING THE NEWS RN?

Orya looked up from her phone, untangling herself from Eddie, much to his protest, and flipping on the news. She saw pictures of Captain America, Bucky Barnes, Sam Wilson, and King T'challa flashed, along with footage of Black Cat shooting his hook and disappearing as the former four were arrested.

"Holy shit." Eddie said, sitting up.

QoC: Wtf did Felix get himself into?

•••

Black Cat felt the wind rush out of him as a fist drove into his spleen, and was thankful that he had only received the human-like hand to the gut rather than the scary looking metal arm he had managed to kick away. He didn't have much time to simmer in the pain as the Winter Soldier continued his assault with a flurry of blows.

Felix felt as if something in the pit of his stomach was guiding him, telling him which direction to dodge, when it was appropriate to hit back, what blows he could take without dying. He leapt in the air, his boot charging midair and driving into the Soldiers chest, tossing the duo back from eachother. He jumped to his feet, watching as his adversary steadied himself, rising dizzily. A quick rush forward, and suddenly the Winter Soldier was the Black Cats jungle gym. His arms wrapped briefly around the bigger mans neck, swinging himself over his right shoulder. His flexibility allowed him to move his lower body under the mans left arm to hook the same area, his upper body remaining in motion as he followed the momentum, his knees holding tightly as he swung up, kneeling on the Winters Soldiers shoulders now, before swinging down forcefully, using the momentum to knock the mans legs out from under him, forcing him to follow the direction his and be flipped like a ragdoll, landing flat on his back.

Black rolled backwards, crouched and ready for Bucky to rise again, but his opponent was motionless. He was standing to his full height when Cap ran up the stairs, seemingly ready for combat, only to be greeted by the sight of Black Cat looking over his fallen adversary.