ii. Chapter 2

Felix was attempting to keep his breathing under control, though the prickly feeling in the back of his head was probably a bad sign. And the belt strapped to his chest probably wasn't helping.

"We couldn't just... you know? Take a normal airplane?"

Steve and Sam looked at each other, a glint of recognition coming to both their faces before they shook their head and turned to look at the boy.He looked extremely uncomfortable in the quinjet seat, pulling at the seatbelt that held him down every couple of seconds.

"A public plane is a bit too intrusive," Steve said, turning his seat around and standing.

"Hands-on the wheel! Goddess, where are the parachutes?!" Felix looked around wildly for the lifesavers.

" It's on autopilot; you can relax." Steve held up his hands, gesturing to the wheel that manipulated itself to stay on course.

"Don't you jump off buildings for fun?" Sam asked sarcastically, raising a brow at the boy's unwarranted fright

"Buildings aren't 30,000 feet off the ground," Felix said, closing his eyes. "Tell me exactly what it is that we're doing again?"

A phone ringing cut Steve off.

Felix chuckled nervously as he pulled his phone shakily from his pocket.

"I still have reception? Amazing." He said, ignoring the incredulous looks from the two Avengers. "Hey Pete, what's-"

"Where are you?! You didn't show up at school?"

"I know, I know, its just that the Avengers called Black Cat for something, and it was spur of the moment-"

"The Avengers?! Felix where are you?"

"Im going to the Accords."

"They just got bombed! It's all over the news."

Felix looked at Steve and Tom.

"What do you mean the Accords just got bombed?"
***
"You know what to do?" Steve held the phone to his ear, Felix, on the other end of the line.

"Ease up, Cap, this isn't my first rodeo." Black Cat purred into the line.

Steve noticed how much braver the boy got behind his mask, and it reminded him of his old friend, Domino. A feeling was beginning to rise in his gut as he became more sure of who had helped in Felix's upbringing.

"Remind me again why we are letting a kid help us track down your old friend who bombed a UN Meeting?"

"No, but I'll remind you that 'a kid' is also in the call with you."

"You should be studying!"

"And you should take the stick out of your as-"

"Language! Keep your eyes out. I'm going in." Steve hung up, cutting off communication between Felix and Tom.

Felix was stationed on a building facing windows, just in case Bucky tried to flee. It was quiet for a couple of seconds before gunshots erupted from within the building, and Black Cat switched his mask on, carefully monitoring the trajectory of the bullets. He couldn't see what was going on inside, but he was prepared, his muscles tensing as he heard glass shattering.

Bucky had jumped out of a window a couple buildings away and Felix cursed as he began to run, noticing a black-clad figure beginning to attack the Winter Soldier.

"Um, we have company?" Felix said, unsure of what to do.

"Help Bucky!" The Captain ordered, and Felix grunted as his boots charged up, launching him over a facility, landing and rolling. He hopped up, his claws coming out to slash at the black figure.