Chapter 6.

"Have you seen Peter?" Felix asked, walking up to Corven on Monday, looking around confused. "He hasn't responded to my texts all weekend. We were supposed hang out on the weekend."

"Wow, you made plans with Pete, but not with me." Corven gripped his chest, mock injury on his face. "Is he your new best friend?"

"Ha, he invited me out." Felix said sarcastically,  fixing his bag on his shoulder as he looked around the school.

"Him and I have plans after school today." Orya said in the same tone as Felix. "Maybe something is wrong with his uncle?"

Felix frowned as he looked around. "No he's over there." He pointed to the approaching boy, who seemed like he hadn't slept in 3 days. The trio watched as he approached in a rush.

"Hey guys!" He rose his hand in a half wave as he looked at all of them. His eyes paused on Felix briefly, and his eyes apologized. Felix smiled tightly back at him, looking away as his phone vibrated, and not noticing how Pete struggled with his backpack strap. "It's the callback list!"  They all gathered excitedly around Felix  as he opened the email, his eyes reading over the words feverishly.

He frowned as he scrolled down the list, not seeing his name on the list, his heart falling.

"I'm not cast." He said reaching the end of the PDF, and exiting.

"Wait! There's a PDF for "Main Cast"! Orya said, clicking it.

"Gwen Stacy as the Sugar Plum Fairy/Clara." Corven said to himself, his voice tight, staring at the headshot of the young girl.

"Felix Hardy as Nutcracker/Cavalier!" Orya said excitedly, and everyone embraced the boy tightly, Felix spinning Orya in a circle before being spin in a circle by Ned and Corven.  They had attracted the attention of upperclassmen. Peter hugged him tightly, and after a few seconds they found it difficult to part.

Or rather, Peter couldn't remove his hands from Felix's backpack strap. The Hardy boy chuckled nervously, trying to retract. Peter pulled away, taking Felix's backpack with him, ripping it off the boy as the school bell rang. Felix grimaced at the pain, and laughed incredulously at Peter.

"Can I have my backpack?"

"Um... no?"

"Why not?"

"Because... I want to use it for this period."

"Why?" All eyes were on Peter, and he swallowed, a nervous smile thrown at them.

"Because you can use my backpack!"

"I don't want your backpack, Pete, I want my backpack." Felix walked forward, hand outstretched to take his possessions back, but  Peter danced off, rushing into the school. "I'll give it back to you next period!"

The gang watched after the boy, all in shock.

"That was weird right? I'm not the only one who thinks that was weird right?" Corven said, scooping up Peter's backpack and handing it to Felix. Everyone nodded, walking in the class.

More congratulations were exchanged as they all filed to their classes, thinking about how strangely Peter was acting, then dismissing it as some eccentric act or plan. Peter's phone vibrated while it was in Felix's possession in a long series, and Felix couldn't help but peek.

From: Aunt May

Are you still asking that Feline boy out?

*Felix

What do you want for dinner?

Is he going to come to dinner?

Your Uncle Ben wants to know if he eats meat or is one of those vegetables