Chapter 12.

"Take these." Fury handed him a pair of boots.

"I already have boots." Felix said confused, holding them carefully. He looked at them. "What are these in the soles?"

"We call them energy boots." Hill stated, holding out her phone, a projection of the boots disassembled coming out. "They gather energy into the sole and expel it in such a way to help you jump. They also absorb the impact of long falls, as long as you land on your feet." She looked him up and down . "Cats are usually good at that right?"

Felix smiled sarcastically, examining the schematics a bit more carefully.

"Did you guys just use my boots as a reference point?"

"We've been watching you for a bit. The springs were a good idea, and honestly before all this alien tech was just floating around they probably would've been as good as it could possibly get." Fury offered, and Felix was directed to a chair, where he removed his boots, replacing them with the new ones.

"New gloves, new gauntlet." Fury said, tossing a pair of gloves at Felix, along with a couple of small boxes.

"I don't think these will have enough power to pull me. Or enough stretch." Felix said securing them on. He flexed his wrist and the hook fired out, flying across the wide room and penetrating the metal wall of their surrounding. Fury looked at him annoyed, and Felix chuckled nervously, tugging so the cord would begin retracting.

"It also releases up to seven feet, so you can have a sort of whip." Maria instructed, grabbing his arm and moving his wrist a certain way, the cord falling out smoothly and pooling at the floor. "It's vibranium-"

"Vibranium?!" Felix said, immediately ogling the tight chain rope. "How did you get vibranium?!"

"A dead robot gave it to us." Fury said vaguely, but Felix understood.

"My grappling hook is made from Ultron?!" Felix stared at them with stars in his eyes.

"And so are the claws." Hill said, turning to retrieve a file and hearing the claws slide out, followed by a whispered "wow" by Felix. Maybe she had a wrong feel for him?

"And last but not least." Two guns were tossed at him on small clips, and Felix eyed them.

"I'm a cat burglar, not an assassin." He said a bit warily.

"Tranquilizers. One shot will knock out anybody. Be careful though, anymore and you could cause some serious damage."

"We need the drives back."

"The Maria doesn't go on display until next week." Felix said, standing and stretching. He reached into his bag securing his mask on his face.

"Which means we have enough time to see if you're actually ready for this." Fury said. "The Maria is going into one of the most secure museums in New York and it's security is going to be almost on the level of the damn Mona Lisa."

"I would like to see her one day." Felix said, staring dreamily off into space. "I already picked a spot out for her in the living room. I'm getting rid of the TV." He looked at them and smiled, before realizing who he was talking to.

"You have a plan to steal the Mona Lisa?" Hill raised her brow at him.

"If I tell you 'yes' are you going to stop me?" Something smacked into his chest and landed in his lap. "What's this?" He examined a button and recalled the button his father had given him.

"It's an 'I failed' button. If you think you're in over your head, you get caught, or you get stuck, press that and me and Fury will come and bail you out."