Chapter 6: Hidden Grove

Later on in that day, you packed up items in a bag for this arduous journey that you did not plan on going for your summer, especially after such insane news. A chimera, gods, goddesses, monsters of all sorts. Your mind was usually so calm, so cool, and you were always so sure of yourself because the world around you was what you understood.

  Humans. Humans and the boring lives society paved for each life. It was easy to understand that. Get a job, go to college, make money, find a love, then reproduce, or not, and then die. But now, there were so many layers that had just been added. Or in this case revealed.

Medusa: You are a peculiar child.

  You turn to Medusa's blindfolded head that sits on your desk.

Y/N: What?

Medusa: You sssspoke against the Goddess of War on my behalf. Did you truly mean the words you ssspoke?

Y/n: Well, yeah. After all, you did nothing wrong. As I said, if it were me, I would have beat the shit out of Poseidon. 

Medusa: Heheheee. You are an interessssting mortal. I like you.

Y/N: Thank you, that means a lot from. . . you. But are you truly fine helping me on this forced RPG quest? It feels like you're like my prisoner.

Medusa: It is fine. At least with you, I am no longer ssssssubjected to centuries of isssssolation. Also, your voice is very ssssssooothing to the ears.

  You smile to yourself as you zip up your bag. Not really expecting to be flirting with a severed head. Even if she was just buttering you up for her own purposes, at least she was fun, at least seemingly.

  A buzzing is heard from your phone, looking at the notification as you see that Serena is outside with the car ready to head out.

  Throwing your bag onto your back, you grab Medusa's head, holding her close to your chest, as you felt holding her by the snakes was weird. Walking down the stairs, looking and noticing Athena with your father and Nike down stairs.

Y/N: Hey, can you at least tell me where I'm going?

Athena: Your going to a special place, outside the reach of monsters. Only where certain creatures are allowed to dwell. When you arrive, be on your best behavior. There will be other Gods and other various creatures there. But not a single entity will e purely human.

Y/N: Interesting. . . Anyway I guess I better get going then. Serena said she's outside with the car.

  Your father walks up to you, hugging you as you lightly hug back.

Dad: Be careful out there.

Y/N: Dad, you don't gotta be all mushy about it.

Dad: Hehe, sorry. It just feels like yesterday. Athena knocked on my door with you in her arms. It was surprising, and I was not ready to e a dad. I only hoped I was a good one for you in the end.

Y/N: You make it sound like one of us is dying. It's just life, sure it's weird as hell., but hey, I can handle myself. If I can get thrown into a car by a chimera and live, I can survive whatever bullshit the gods have for me.

  Honking is heard from the outside.

Y/N: Okay, I'm off for real this time. Take care father, and Athena, do me a solid and keep him company. I'd rather he not lose his mind from isolation. It's not mentally healthy for us as humans.

Athena: I shall try, I guess. Now off with you. Do not use Medusa's head unless absolutely necessary. I hate to admit, but she will be useful to you, besides turning entities to stone. Nike will be joining you there shortly as a guardian of sorts to you.