Chapter 7: Goddess of the Hunt

You were led by the hand by your new guide, Iris who was still waiting for your response. You cough a bit as you slick your hair back some. Moving over and leaning on a wall.

Y/N: MY names (Y/N) Nightingale, nice to meet you Iris, but I gotta ask.

  Adjusting your glasses.

Y/N: Are you a rainbow? Because your beauty is the perfect ending to any rainy day.

. . .

Iris: I am actually, how did you know.

Y/N: What?

Iris: I'm Iris, Goddess of Rainbows. I gotta say, your line earlier was pretty accurate. Though I'm sure my outfit gave me away.

Y/N: Yeah, not gonna lie I just thought you were really into the LGBT or whatevs. . . don't cancel me for that.

  Iris chuckles to herself for a moment.

Iris: You know rainbows have more meanings yes? But, I do appreciate how people can use my symbol to represent many good things in dark hours. Anyway, (Y/N), welcome to our little slice of heaven! A place for all creatures aligned with the Olympian Gods during these dark times. But don't let all the doom and gloom out there scare you. 

  She rushes over to your side, getting a closer look at you with her hypnotically color flashing eyes. Since her eyes were literally just the color spectrum, they looked very disorienting.

Iris: I take it you're a demigod, am I right on the money?

Y/N: Y-Yeah. Yes, I am a demigod. I'm the son of Nyx.

Iris: . . . HA! Man you really are funny. Being the child of a primordial is funny. But if you don't feel like saying yet, you can tell me later. Come on cutie, I'll show you around.

  You get dragged through the grove encampment as you take in firstly how big it is. And how old it looked.

Y/N: So, where even are we? Like on the mad I mean.

Iris: Nowhere that can be seen by human eyes. This area is hidden and can be accessed anywhere on earth by those who have access. You came here with Hecate's daughter, so her magic definitely made it easier. Think of this forest as an area that's displaced from the physical world.

  As you and Iris walk, you take in how fantasy this area looks. It honestly looks like something out of Zelda, specifically that forest that the kids who lived around the tree lived in. With some Greek mythological themes around the area. 

Iris: Over there is the hub where we gather to eat and for meetings of grave importance. That center over there is for shopping. So you need weapons, food, anything, it'll be over there. We get shipments with the help of Charon and Hermes. Over there is the training grounds if you wanna practice or spar.

  You take a closer look as you look in , seeing some people there already training, but your main focus was an archer. A woman with long white hair braided back with arrows that shot with so much power, you'd swear you could feel the wind from the force of them making contact.

 A woman with long white hair braided back with arrows that shot with so much power, you'd swear you could feel the wind from the force of them making contact