Chapter 2: Forest of Wolves

Ten years later, it was the summer, a time here you were on a vacation with your father. Or so that's ho it as explained. You and him moved around a lot, along with your Step-Mother who was very strict about you going out with other people, let alone talking to any strangers or being out past dark. Or being out at all.

  Right now you were camping in the forest, or you thought it was camping. In all honesty, you ere dropped in the middle of the forest and left to fend for yourself with no weapons or anything for that matter. All while your father and step-mother sat at the other end of the forest.

Abel: ARE YOU INSANE!?!? For a goddess of wisdom this is a stupid idea.

Athena: Relax, he's fine. I just checked the perimeter, there aren't any wildlife that can hurt him.

Abel: Even then, he has no food or water!? Why did I even let you drag us here.

Athena: For rest and relaxation, for you. For him, this is training. He has to survive by any means necessary. Besides, you didn't like the training back at the old house.

Abel: You mean beating him with a stick teaching him to block, dodge, and parry? He's a kid.

Athena: He's a god.

Abel: But still a kid. Haven't you ever been one?

  Athena looked blankly into the distance for a moment.

Athena: No. I was born from my father's skull. Already full grown as you see me now. Children elude me. For I have never been one, and never had any. I raised one, long ago to be the King of Athens, but that was all. Though my task is clear with (Y/N). I am to train him, instilling all my wisdom in him.

Abel: There aren't any other gods to do that? Maybe someone a bit less harsh?

Athena: Well there's always Ares. But (Y/N)'s little body would break being trained like a Spartan. And Artemis couldn't be bothered. Do you not have faith in me?

  Abel wanted to argue more, but what was the point in arguing with the Goddess of Wisdom? Not like she would have backed down anyway. 

  Meanwhile, with you. You spent most of your time trying to find a ay to your father again. Only this time you felt a mix of relief and fear. You wanted to feel relief because you no longer had to deal with your step mother, but fear because if it got dark, you had no way of truly surviving. You were used to the city, so being outside in pure darkness really felt bad to you.

  But hat's worse is that the sun was setting. So, you picked a direction and made your way through the brush. Wanting to somehow find your parents. You remember what your step-mother taught you in fighting, so you picked a stick that could be used as a weapon to defend yourself. It was roughly as tall as you were, and well balanced to your knowledge, so you pressed on.

  Minutes passed as the sun got lower and lower. You tried to find your way but felt as though you were truly lost.

  You became afraid, a feeling you haven't felt before. This fear felt primordial. As if you felt as though they had abandoned you, that you were all alone. In most cases, you'd imagine someone telling you to man up and press on, but you were just ten at this time.

  Eventually, as it grew dark, you began to hear growling. Your heart sank as your body grew cold in an instant as your eyes widen. You slowly turn to see a pair of glowing eyes in the distance, just as your own eyes were growing accustomed to the dark. You could barely make out a few wolves in the brush. Circling you from hidden areas, and closing in on you slowly.

  A wolf leapt out at you with it's teeth bared, you dodge out of the way as another rushes at you. You turn around panicked and hit it across the face with your stick. Which barely seems to do anything other than just force it back for now.