002

Chapter Two:
Take off

Reneé Trinity JacksonChicago, Illinois

Chicago, Illinois

A couple days had gone by and Reneé still hadn't heard from that man or seen him anywhere. She'd had the urge to drive back to the area where she had first seen him but she wasn't stupid enough to actually follow through with it. After all, she still had some sense in her. All the evidence that he had ever been anywhere near her was removed.

Her sheets were in the trash, her car was washed and she had cleaned her whole apartment. Multiple times. To the point where her whole place smelt like bleach and cleaning supplies. A part of her wanted to find out if he was okay and what had happened but she just let it be because 'curiosity killed the cat'.

She was currently slumped on her sofa with Love and Hip Hop playing in the background as she searched for some nail techs, lash techs and hairstylists. It was long overdue that she got back to what she was actually in Chicago for.

Which was her business. Renée's touch.

Over the span of two years, Reneé had gotten over 300k followers on her Instagram and her business insta had over 150k followers, which were mostly loyal customers but some were lurkers that were waiting on a chance to hate on her and her dreams. She was incredibly popular and had saved enough to open up a salon in Chicago.

Her phone began ringing, it was her landlord for her salon, "Good Afternoon, am I speaking to Reneé Jackson?"

"Yes, this is her."

"Well I'm calling to inform you that we are ready for you to come collect your keys." He said professionally.

"Can you please text me the address and I'll be there within an hour?"

"Of course, see you soon."

She held in her excitement until she saw that the call was ended, then she jumped out the bed and began dancing.

"Guess who bout to get the muhfucking keys up in this bitch!" Reneé squealed as she continued to dance in her living room. Shit was finally taking off and she couldn't wait to see where she would land.

-XX-

After showering, getting dressed and dashing into the car, Reneé drove all the way to her salon and outside stood a white man with a clipboard. She parked her car right in front and stepped out, her heels clicking as she walked towards him.

Some could've said she was overdressed but just like her mama always said, "Dress how you want to be addressed." And that was exactly what she did.  His eyes widened as she walked towards him, they conversed a little, he gave her the keys and left her all by herself.

Reneé couldn't help but smile, she had worked so hard to get this place. All those late nights working in all those different restaurants and jobs had paid off because here she was. She saved enough money for 6 months rent, for both this salon and her apartment.

"I gotta make these bitches know what's up." She giggled as she ran around the salon, she still couldn't believe it was hers.

reneé.jackson just posted an hour ago.

jackson just posted an hour ago

Liked by king.trent, pooter and 109,785 others

reneé.jackson the doll you won't get to play with 🤍

comments disabled.

All the decor was in there already since she'd bought it and sent it ahead of her for them to place it as she had done in her pictures. Everything was ready. All she had to do was find some girls to work with and then she would be okay.

Locking up and making sure everything was secure, Reneé get into her car and drove to the nearest 7-Eleven, she was too lazy to actually get some groceries. Just some snacks to get her through till the end of the week.

Pushing the door, she walked in and immediately went to grab a 1L bottle of Sprite, some Doritos, a few chocolate bars and some gum. Her heels clicked as she walked to the counter and placed her stuff on there.

The female cashier looked at her up and down before rolling eyes and scanning the items. She had a mug on her face as she grabbed a bag and began placing the items into it, clearly jealous of Reneé.

Pulling out a 20 dollar bill, Reneé placed it on the counter and grabbed her bag.

"You still have some change." The woman chewed her gum whilst still mugging Reneé.

"Keep the change, you look like you could use it." She snapped back before walking out and heading towards her car.

Bitter ass hoe, that's why you ain't got no front tooth. She rolled her eyes as she put the bag in the back seat and just before she was about to sit down, she thought she heard a familiar voice.

Turning around, she saw a group of niggas walking into the 7-Eleven but she couldn't see him. Guess she was wrong. She slipped back into her car and drove off.

Without realising that he had seen her.