030

Chapter Thirty:
Fool

Reneé Trinity Jackson Chicago, Illinois

Chicago, Illinois

Reneé rushed around the apartment as she realised that she was late, this was one of the few nights that she'd gotten a good night's sleep and she'd overindulged. Slightly annoyed, she hurried out the door, forgetting to lock it, and hurried down to her car.

Once she arrived at the Salon, she found it already open and ready, she'd given her manager, Kalia, the keys just in case of an emergency. She felt slightly embarrassed because she always encouraged the ladies to be on time and here she was, late.

For some reason, she'd just felt anxious all morning. Although she slept well, her dreams were filled with all the people that she'd genuinely loved in her life. From her mom, dad, Reese, Koop to even Cameron.

It felt like the end credits of her life, which just made her anxiety even worse.

Reneé greeted everyone and walked straight to her office to take her anxiety pills since it was harder than usual today. She sat down and began doing some tax work, but she couldn't shake that feeling of worry in her heart. That some was going to happen.

Knock. Knock.

"Come in." Reneé shouted and in walked Jalen with a coffee in his hand.

He handed it to her and she thanked him before taking a sip. Jalen glanced at Reneé and noticed that she didn't look like herself. She'd been glowing these past couple of months and today she just looked drained. Her hair was neat but it wasn't perfect like usually, her eye bags were prominent and her lips had lost colour.

Shrugging it off, Jalen sat down before he began talking to his friend.

"You won't believe what I heard." He began, which instantly caught Renee's attention and she stopped working.

"What?" She asked curiously.

"Lisa's in Rehab right now, she booked in because she's addicted to heroin." Jalen announced and Reneé froze with shock.

Addicted to Heroin? That didn't sound like Lisa. She'd never even see her use any other drug but weed. Lisa didn't even seem like the type of use heroin, it surprised her to the core. Maybe deep down, Reneé had never really gotten to know the real Lisa, maybe she'd only let her see the surface level of her.

"What about Kadeem?" She asked worriedly, even though Lisa had stolen from her, that was once her closest friend so of course she had love for her. Not to forget that she loved Kadeem like he was her own son.