017

Chapter Seventeen:
Travis 'Koop'

Reneé Trinity JacksonChicago, Illinois

Chicago, Illinois

Reneé knocked on Lisa's door before she used the spare key to walk inside. Shutting door behind her, she looked around and the house looked clean. It was almost as if no one had been living in here. She walked towards her bedroom and knocked, walking in, she saw Lisa wrapped in many blankets just blankly staring ahead.

"Oh baby girl." Reneé said to herself before she rushed over to hug her friend, Lisa cried in her arms for a while before she finally stopped.

"Girl get your ass up, we goin' on a walk." Reneé said as she yanked Lisa out of her bed, making her groan in annoyance but they both knew it was necessary.

After showering and doing all her essential bits, Lisa walked out wearing some shorts and an oversized T-shirt with some crocs. Reneé linked arms with her before they walked out and she drove them to a nearby Walmart.

"We havin' a movie night at Koop's crib, just me, you and the guys. Kadeem still with his granny so he sorted." She wrapped her arm around her shoulder, pulling her friend closer to her.

Reneé was worried about Lisa, she'd always been the bubbly but rude one. The one that made everyone laugh and comfortable so to find her so low and sad was a shock. It broke her heart even more when she'd talked to Cash about what had happened at the prison. Of course she was going to be there for her and Kadeem, they were family now.

"I'm finna go get me some donuts." Lisa spoke before she pointed at the Sprite, gesturing that to Reneé that she should go get it.

They separated and Lisa went to get all the food and drinks that she wanted, while Reneé went to get all the things she wanted. Both of them also got stuff for the guys. Lisa got Cash some snacks while Reneé got Koop some snacks because they were both sugar addicts. Cameron didn't want anything since he'd ordered a big ass pizza, he didn't like snacking, he only ate full meals.

"No because I've never seen him snack on anything, he's always eating a huge ass meal and for what?" Reneé said as she swiped her card to pay for everything.

Lisa chuckled as she agreed with her, "That nigga is always eating something savoury, he don't eat sweets at all."

Both carrying bags, they walked to Renee's car and put all the stuff in the back seat before they sat at the front. Lisa played 'We Found Love' by Rhianna, she sang the lyrics as Reneé drove the car to Koop's crib.

"Turn away 'cause I need you more, feel the heartbeat in my mind."

"It's the way I'm feeling, I just can't deny!" She shouted, Reneé watched her, she knew this was deeper than just a song. "But I've gotta let it go."