008

Chapter Eight:
Demonic Thoughts

Cameron 'Mizz' Hussain HudsonChicago, Illinois

Chicago, Illinois

His hands gripped the steering wheel tightly as he sped towards Renee's location. Cameron could tell that some serious shit had happened because Reneé wasn't the type to cry in front of people, she was the suffer in silence type. So for her to call him, it meant that she was in real deep trouble and he worried that it had to do with him.

Cameron was finally nearby, he saw Renee's Mazda just left in the middle of the road. The light was green and no cars were even driving by. Doors were all shut and the car was off. He drove beside her car and when he got off his car and ran to her, he could see her passed out in her car.

Her blood was splattered all over the window and she wasn't conscious. Pulling the door open, he reached out to shake her but there was no reaction.

"Reneé!" He shouted, "Come on baby, Reneé!"

"Fuck!" Cameron cursed as he pulled out his phone and called for an ambulance.

He just stood there, watching Reneé just slumped there. There was nothing he could do. He couldn't save her like she had saved him. Cameron was useless right now.

Red and Blue lights cut through the darkness as the ambulance got nearer and nearer until they eventually arrived and picked Reneé up and drove her to hospital. Cameron followed right behind them in his car, his hands were gripping the steering wheel so tight that he almost broke it.

Parking at the hospital, he rushed inside while he was on the phone with Lisa.

"Cameron what the fuck you mean Reneé got shot?!" She screamed, putting her shoes on and rushing to get Kadeem dressed.

"Exactly that. She got shot." Cameron responded. He wasn't in the mood to talk but he knew Lisa was Renee's closest friend in Chicago.

"I'm on my way. I'm dropping Kadeem at Mama house, aight?"

"Yeah, we at Methodist Hospital of Chicago." He said before hanging up.

Cameron sat down on the waiting chairs and couldn't help but fidget. He hadn't felt this stressed since Hakeem's case and that shit ended horribly. Glancing down at his hands, he saw that he had some of her blood on his hands. He'd fucked up.

All the noise around him just blended together as he sat there looking at his hands. The bullet had hit her arm and neck. There was a huge possibility that she was dead, knowing his luck, she probably was. As families cried, nurses came and left, Cameron just sat there with his head hanging low.

What the fuck am I gon do? Ion even know who shot her.

"Cameron!" Lisa shouted as she rushed over and pulled him into a hug. She knew exactly what he was thinking.

"What the doctor say?" She asked as she sat down on the seat beside him.

Lisa looked a whole mess. She had on a baby pink bonnet, no make up and she was wearing some joggers and a loose top with some slides. It was totally unlike her, you could tell she'd just ran out the damn house when she heard the news about Reneé.

"They said that they were gonna try they best and that the bullet had done a lot of damage." He mumbled, he couldn't even look at her eyes because he felt guilty.

"You gotta keep yo faith up. Reneé a strong girl. She gon be alright." Lisa rubbed his back, trying to comfort him.

"Yeah." He said, still not looking up.

-XX-

It was the next morning and they had both fallen asleep while sitting in the waiting chairs. Lisa was now up and going to get them some food while Cameron waited in case the doctor came to bring some news.

Just as he was sitting, he saw a woman walking towards him.

"Are you Mr Hudson?" The doctor said, she was a middle-aged black woman. She looked at him with soft, kind eyes.

"Yes ma'am." He stood up as soon as she spoke to him, he would've shaken her hand but his hands were still bloody.

"I am Dr Simmons and we just completed the surgery on Miss Jackson and it was successful. We managed to get both bullets out of her, for now we had to put a endotracheal tube in her to help her breathe and she also had iv fluids attached to her." She explained, "The next step is to perform a neuro exam so we can check how well her brain is working and she has been put on painkillers and sedatives to ease the pain and also help her sleep at night."

"She is a very lucky young woman, whoever applied pressure on both of her wounds while waiting for the ambulance saved her life because had they not done that, she would've died on the way here." Dr Simmons said with a somber expression, "You can visit her now in Room 15. Her family has been notified since both her father and brother were noted down as her emergency contacts."

"Any questions?" She asked, you could tell she was tired but she insisted on making sure that he understood.

"No ma'am, thank you very much." Cameron said before she walked away.

She applied pressure on herself. He thought. Reneé helped herself and kept herself alive. She didn't need nobody, at the end of the day she always seemed to have her own back. Even when it seemed like the end.

Cameron didn't have the patience to wait for Lisa so he hurried to room 15 to go see her. When he pushed the door open, his heart ached.

Reneé was laid on the bed with tubes all over. She looks lifeless and unlike herself. Bandages were wrapped all over her neck and arm, it reminded him of when she took care of him and he had all those bandages.

Pulling a chair to her side, he sat down and shyly held her hand.

"Ion know if you can hear me and I ain't good at this feelings shit but you can't die on me. We only just met and we was doin good, we was vibing well and I ain't even get to take you on a date so you got to wake up so we can get that done. I ain't playing with you, Reneé, on foenem, you need to get your ass up coz I don't know what i would do without you. I need someone to waste my money buying food and Sprite or someone to brush my waves for me or someone to watch a movie with. You my calm in the storm, ma so you gotta wake up."

Cameron rubbed her hand as he spoke, he was speaking that shit from the heart. He was gonna kill the nigga who shot her and his whole crew. After that, he was gonna take her on a proper date and get to know her even more because this whole incident just made him realise that life was hella short.

So he was gonna make every moment count.