wrong number

"Are you fucking insane?! Seriously, are you insane Louis!" Eleanor says, a hint of panic in her tone as she paces the living room floor, scowling Louis. There was no denying or hiding, she knew he was talking to a prostitute about something. He didn't know, however, how much she had witnessed or if she heard the conversation.

"El, stop pacing. You're giving me a headache." Louis says, rubbing his temples.

"You're joking right? This is all just some crude trick you're playing?"

"I'm not playing jokes."

"Oh my god." Eleanor gasps as she puts a hand to her mouth, signaling that she's disgusted.

"What?"

"So, you were actually talking to a child prostitute? That wasn't a weird shared dream?"

"El, it wasn't like that!"

"So he wasn't a prostitute?"

"I never said that."

"Louis!"

"Just let me explain, please!"

"I'm waiting!" Eleanor says, impatiently tapping her foot.

"He knew some things about Harry."

"Harry?"

"My friend from the group home. He ran away when all of us got discharged. He was a former prostitute himself. Liam, our doctor, rescued him from that lifestyle. I have been looking for him for years, that kid, just looked like Harry because I haven't seen Harry in so long."

"How could that child even know of Harry?"

"Harry's pimp is out of jail. That means Harry is in danger. I have to find him before someone else does!"

"What?! Do you hear how crazy you sound Louis?!"

"I'm not crazy."

"Listen, babe, Harry could be anywhere in England right now. Heck, how do you even know he's still on this side of the world? If he went "missing" and still hasn't been found, he never wants to be found ok?"

"But-"

"Nonsense. This child can't help you as much as you can help yourself."

Louis stays quiet. Maybe Eleanor was right. Plus, with Maverick on his side now, he can expect updates around this side of London. Louis couldn't just stop his life to look for Harry. Heck, he couldn't even find Niall or Zayn and they never went missing.

"You're right. I'm sorry. I just care so much about Harry."

"I'm sure you do." Eleanor coos and sits next to him on the couch and wraps an arm around him for comfort.

"I just, really feel like I need to find him." Louis frowns, leaning into Eleanor's comforting and open arms.

"Shh, I know lovely. But right now you live for Louis. Not for Harry." Eleanor shushes and runs her fingers through Louis' feathered hair.

Louis hadn't realized he'd fallen asleep until he wakes up on his living room couch, a light sweat is covering his forehead and neck. It smells good in his apartment, like home cooked food. It never smells that nice. He sits up and realizes that it is now dark outside. His eyes adjust to the lit up kitchen area and he can see Eleanor sitting at the dining table, with a large book open. She's studying. She is also circling her finger around a wine glass, gracefully taking sips of a deep, red wine.

Louis stood up and walks over to her. He sees a bunch of numbers crutched on the book. It's calculus.

"Working hard, or hardly working?" Louis jokes and Eleanor looks up so he can physically see her roll her eyes.