maverick 2

"Careful." Louis says as he carries two teacups of hot chocolate on tiny saucers with daisies on them.

He was carefully maneuvering through the crowd of people in the tiny book shop that had an espresso bar built in with a plethora of drink selections. He and Niall decided to meet up and discuss the Harry situation, pun intended. Gotta keep it lightweight.

The night Niall showed up to Louis' house and agreed to help him find Harry, they both actually had no idea where to start or what to do. It was Niall's idea to have hot chocolate while they brainstormed. He loved it.

"Who wants whipped cream?" Liam asked as he walked a tray of hot chocolate toppings to the living room, where the boys were sat. It was a couple days before Christmas, and they decided to watch Christmas movies and chose hot chocolate as a dessert for after dinner. It had been a couple hours after dinner, all the boys had digested whatever amount of food they consumed. Niall and Harry were wearing matching Christmas jammies and Louis and Zayn were in sweats and a hoodie.

It was Louis' first Christmas in the home, and he had never had hot chocolate before. He looked down at the Christmas mug filled with a steaming brown liquid.

"What is it again?" Louis questioned looking up.

"Hot chocolate!" Niall exclaims excitedly. He tells Liam he would like whipped cream, and Louis watches as Liam scoops a fat clump of fluffy whipped cream into his mug.

"But, what is hot chocolate?"

"It's melted dark chocolate with whole milk." Liam smiles.

"Whole milk and chocolate? Do you know how many cal-" Louis starts but Zayn pinches his arm before he could finish.

"Ow!" Louis snaps and slaps Zayn's hand away. Zayn slaps him back. They fight like this for a bit.

"That's enough." Liam says sternly, and places a tiny dollop of cream into Harry's mug.

"It's a treat. Let it be a treat." Zayn says to Louis in a low, threatening voice. Louis rolls his eyes.

"Fine." 

The boys decorate their cups with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, green and red M&Ms, crushed peppermint candy canes, mini marshmallows, and chocolate syrup. Harry, Zayn, and Louis hold their cups in their hands as the five of them and Liam watch Christmas movies. How the Grinch Stole Christmas is currently playing. They hold the cups until they are lukewarm, they don't drink. The only drinking you hear is Liam taking sips here and there.

And then Niall, who is slurping down his mug.

"Can I have another?" He asks Liam, with a whip cream white mustache on his lip.

Louis set the cup in front of Niall with a huff.

"That is the most expensive and petty looking cup of hot chocolate I have ever purchased." Louis says. The dainty little cup holds very little of the drink, and it was rather expensive.

Niall chuckles,

"I could've paid for my own, I told you this."

"I know. But I figured it'd be my treat. Since I seriously pissed you off last time we spoke," Louis brings the cup to his lips, speaking the last of his sentence lowly into the cup, "For whatever reason."

Niall clears his throat,

"I just don't like talking about Harry, and I'm sorry. That was selfish. I just feel so guilty, like him disappearing is partially, if not all my fault."