happy thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving. It was already here. Everyone was leaving for break, and you were excited to go home. You wanted to invite Connie back home for Thanksgiving, but you knew he had his own family to return to. The Braus's would be expecting him, besides, you didn't know if it was too early to bring a boy back home anyway.

This last week before break had seemed to wrap up pretty neatly as you got good grades on your exams and assignments, a whopping A-minus for your photography project. You were proud, since the whole thing had nearly taken up all your time.

You smiled as you sat in the park on a blanket, watching the boys play football in the frosty November air. It made you think of back home when your dad and little brother would play catch in the backyard, always finding a way to reel you in. You weren't all that great at it, but it was still something fun to do.

Going home made you excited, the anxious feeling to be back in your room nearly overwhelming. You couldn't wait to lie in your own bed and use your own private bathroom again. As much as you wanted to be there today, you were heading back tomorrow since you were going out with your friends for a little friendsgiving before the actual holiday.

"Y/N! Wanna play?" Jean called out to you, waving the football in the air.

He looked at you expectantly and you weren't doing anything better, so you got to your feet and went over to join them.

"Who's team am I on?" You asked, narrowing your vision.

"Mine," Armin gave you a lopsided grin, pulling you to his side with Eren.

"Ah, so you guys just needed a third player?" You smirked and Eren shrugged, giving you a small smile as pointed you to your spot.

"Ready?" Jean set the ball down on the ground as everyone got situated. He yelled "HIKE!" and threw the ball back towards Marco.

The game was in motion as the six of you ran around, weaving past one another and tackling. At one point you were tossed the ball. Gripping it to your chest, you ran for the other side, Connie right behind you. You remembered this all too well and hoped he learned his lesson the last time he tried to reach for you.

"Touchdown!" You cried out victoriously as you held the football above your head, Eren and Armin cheering you on.

"I almost had you," Connie breathed out, his chest heaving as he swiped the football away from you.

"Sure, old man," you insulted, his jaw dropping as you let out a laugh.

"Rude. You're gonna pay for that," Connie let go of the football and tackled you, pulling you down to the ground as you let out fake cries for help.

"Cornelius, can we please finish this game first?" Jean placed his hands on his hips and you twisted your body around, now having him pinned to the ground as you gave him a wicked grin.

"Cornelius...?" You gawked and let out a small giggle as he shoved you off.

"Nobody calls me that and you know it!" Connie grumbled to Jean, getting to his feet and grabbing the football.

"Anything to get your head back in the game," Jean defended himself, but Connie only rolled his eyes, placing the football under his arm and extending his hand out to you, pulling you back up.

"You know I'm only calling you Cornelius from here on out," you pointed out and Connie gave you a deadpan stare.

"Okay, okay! I won't say it, I promise," you gave him a mischievous look and a quick peck on the cheek, patting his chest in a playful manner as you raced back over to your teammates.