wish for what you can't have

You were in your dorm on a video call with Falco, your laptop flashing a warning that soon it was going to die. "Hang on Falco, I need to plug my laptop in," you set it down on the bed, grabbing your charger from your desk and plugging it into the outlet ny your bed, inserting the charger in the laptop.

"Now, what were you say-" someone cut you off with knocking at the door. You furrowed your brows in curiosity, wondering who it was. Sasha was on a date with Niccolo and you hadn't invited anyone else over.

"One sec," you set the laptop down again and approached the door. Your heart was pounding, beating so hard against your chest you were sure it'd break your ribs.

"Y/N?" You heard Falco speak from your laptop, but you didn't reply. Your throat was closing up in fear that it was Floch behind that door.

Your fear of him popping up everywhere had started to grow, enough to keep you from leaving the dorm as much as possible.

You took a deep breath and looked through the peephole, letting it out as you noticed the familiar honey eyes staring unknowingly into yours. You opened the door.

"Hey!" Connie smiled and planted a kiss on your cheek before entering the room, setting his backpack down on the floor and noticing the other human being sort of present in the room.

"Who's this?" Connie laughed as he waved at Falco who waved back.

"That's Falco, my little brother," you replied with a smile, sitting on your bed.

"Hey Falco," Connie came beside you, grabbing one of your pillows and placing it behind his back.

"Is this Connie?" Falco looked at you through the screen and you gave him a short nod.

"But don't tell dad. I want him to meet Connie in person."

"In person? I'm meeting your dad?" He drew out the word "dad" with a smirk on his face, cocking an eyebrow.

"It's not a good thing," you fired back jokingly, nudging his arm.

"So what grade are you in?" Connie asked.

"Junior."

"Ah, junior year. Now that was a fun one," Connie laughed and you stole a glance at him, your heart skipping a beat.

You really didn't deserve him, but here he was, still with you. He still picked you. There were so many other girls he could've dated, but for some reason, he picked you. You weren't sure how to handle it.

"It's been okay so far. But I should really get going, dinner's gonna be ready soon," Falco gave you two a smile, but you saw that look in his eyes. He wanted to give you and Connie alone time.

This kid...

"Okay, I'll see you at Christmas. Love you."

"Love you too, sis," Falco ended the call after that. You closed your laptop and set it aside, looking over at Connie.

"Seems like a good kid," Connie wrapped his arm around you, but you shrugged it off as you stood up to place your laptop on your desk.

"Yeah, he is," you gave Connie a light smile, but he didn't return it.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Okay, because it's just that-"

"Connie, I'm fine." Your voice was tight. He shut his mouth and gave you a small nod. This conversation was over.