𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

⚠️Warning⚠️
This chapter includes alcohol, please do not read if that makes you uncomfortable, and there is also bad language.

The sound of rummaging about could be heard, as well as glass gently hitting one another. This caught Timothy's attention. He would usually stay behind, until late, at the arena and Hall, to try and make sure everything was securely locked up and that there was enough resources for tomorrow.

The man started to hesitantly head over to where the sound came from, since he was sure that it wasn't one of those pesky smaller Dragons that would scavenge scraps of food; because of the sound of someone cussing quietly after falling over could be heard.

The brunet's eyes widened upon seeing Toby lazily sat up, his back against the wall of the Hall, an empty bottle in hand, as his feet gently swayed from side to side. His helmet was off to one side, borderline ready to fall off and his hair had lost any sense of uniform- none of it was sticking down, and tuffs stuck out randomly. The boy seemed dazed, staring into the night sky with a blank expression; quietly mumbling to himself. "Toby, what are you doing out here?" Tim asked, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion and worry. "It's way past eleven." The man added.

"Is, it's bullshit." The boy slurred, lazily throwing his arms in the air- the limbs only getting a foot or two from the ground before immediately coming back to the floor again, causing him to let go of the bottle- the sound of the empty container hitting the hard floor was a soft clink, as it began to roll away a bit. He tossed his head to look completely to the left, as he incoherently muttered again. He pronounced "is" and "it's" as "iz", which also gave away that he was intoxicated.

Tim hesitantly took a step closer, his confusion and concern only increasing. "For Thor's sake, Toby- how did you even get a hold of that?" He muttered quietly, to himself. "What is? What's wrong?"

"Life is.. Everything. Everything.. Everything is bullshit. Use my status to get away with things, bullshit!" Toby answered still slurring, once again throwing his arms in the air as he spoke, but kept them in the air, this time, as he spoke. He also sat up straighter, too. However, when he finished he completely slumped again, looking up at Tim with a rather fed up expression. "Always be here to listen..." He mimicked- obviously not well, so it was hard to tell who exactly he was trying to mock- and it could be a variety of different people, including Tim, himself, "Is, is, bullshit." He finished, shaking his head as he pulled a face of distaste.

With a sigh, Tim walked over to the boy, gently holding his arm to help guide him up, "C'mon, let's get you home, you must make your parents worried sick, sometimes." He mumbled.

"I- I wish you were my Dad." Toby started, as he walked with Tim, stumbling a bit, looking up at Tim, who had smiled a bit hearing that. "I wouldn't have as much responsibility and no one would care about my opin-opin-nion. I'd be a nobody." Toby added, smiling as well, seeing as Tim smiled.

Tim's smile dropped a bit at the last part as his eyebrows furrowed together, "I'm not sure whether that's a compliment or not." He stated, quietly.

"...Bullshit." Toby hesitantly stated, semi-agressively, as his head swung around to see a rather small Dragon eating scraps of fish that had been left out, most likely glaring at the creature.

"Wouldn't go that far, though, Kid." Tim chuckled, putting one of Toby's arms around his shoulders, so he could have better support when walking. "More so, a misguided comment."

"You know what's misguided?" Toby asked, looking back to Tim, with a slightly frustrated expression.

With a small sigh, Tim rolled his eyes; already knowing what Toby's answer was. "Berk?" He answered, even though it sounded more like a question. He, of course, disagreed.

"No, it's Berk. Berk's misguided." Toby slurred in response, giving Tim a look, as if trying to call the older male stupid- despite them both saying the same answer. "Berk and it's stupid fucking Dragons." He added.

"May wanna watch the language, Bud." Tim stated, "You're nearly home." He added giving Toby a concerned look.

Toby stayed quiet for a second, before sighing, "Dragons are just mini versions of Jörmungandr, and I am Thor." He stated, earning a scoff from Tim, who shook his head.

"You are no God, you're a drunken, angry child." Tim retorted, ignoring Toby throw his free arm into the air; his hand in a fist, as if he was triumphant over something.

Tim came to a stop, causing Toby to stumble forward, as he continued to mumble, "And I shall find my Sif." The boy looked up to give the man a confused look.

"There we are, home. There you go." Tim stated, causing Toby to stumble towards his home's door, which in turn made the man follow, wanting to explain what he knew to whoever answered.

Toby hammered on the door, "Mother!" He called out, loudly, causing Tim's eyes to widen and gently pull Toby away from the door, so the boy would stop knocking on it.

Said door opened, revealing a clearly confused Astrid, who's eyes immediately widened upon seeing Toby. She looked to Tim, giving him a look as if asking what happened, but before Tim could talk, Toby had hugged his Mother, "Hi, Mom." He mumbled, slurring slightly.

"Is he drunk?" She asked Tim, clearly shocked, "What was he doing out?"

Tim shrugged slightly, sighing in defeat. This was honestly a bad situation. "I don't know, I found him sat outside the Hall whilst I was locking up; I don't even know where he could've gotten the mead from." He explained.

Astrid sighed with a nod, "Well, thank you for bringing him home." She replied, before gently guiding her son inside, and closing the door, before calling for her husband to come downstairs.