𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

A huff left the brunet as he miserably trudged through the forest. It was a beautiful day, but a cloud of uneasy atmosphere lingered. The golden sunlight gently bathed the shrubs and greenery in its refreshing beams, and made the silver headwear placed upon Toby's head almost glow up. The reflecting light seemed to catch the attention of the dragon trailing behind him; which had been named appropriately.

Dragon's clawed feet gently padded against the soft, luscious grass- trailing behind the annoyed male, with a sense of content wonder. Their circular, yellow orbs would carefully scan the area as they weren't accustomed to this part of the island, yet. Toby had never ventured so deep into the woodland. The turquoise creature would gently huff- only doing so when they caught the faint sent of their favourite treat. Fish.

Dragon could almost put their pointed claws on the direction of the scent; gently tilting their head as they took in deep breaths, trying to sniff out the food. During their almost static search, following Toby mindlessly, their rounded pupils slowly began to become thin slits again, the more hunter side of them becoming apparent.

Grumbles left Toby as he strolled closer towards one of the edges of Berk; he was uncomfortable with keeping a fish on the inside of his coat. The slimy texture and goo would most likely stick to the fur and cause the stench to cling to it. It was bad enough having one dragon following him around; what about multiple, hungry beasts?
He couldn't have that- nevermind want it.
Toby couldn't help but send glares towards the winged animal. It was day thirteen of trying to pry it off of him- and show it that he wanted nothing to do with it, yet it had not budged.

Dragon would still try and fall asleep in his room; curling up near his bed, and sometimes even resting their head or tail over Toby's feet, and it would infuriate the male. His patients was running thin. If dragons were so smart, why couldn't this one take a hint?
It wasn't even a hint at this point.

What only made his anger boil more was the way it was so happy as just living it's life as his shadow. He knew he wasn't okay with it, so why was it?!

Huffing, Toby's eyebrows knitted together- he needed to be patient. Only for a little while longer. It was nearly time to execute his plan. It was bound to work this time; it was devious and the best one yet.

He knew that Dragon would be lost if it tried finding him; and would eventually move on. So he was going to leave it here. It was pure genius and so simple, the hardest part of the plan was coming up with a way of keeping the thing in a place long enough to make his escape. And that's were the fish came in. A small smile tugged at Tobys face, he would finally be free of this never ending torture.

The Mountain Nightmare was sensitive to the change in atmosphere; and knew something had changed. They had never seen Toby happy or amused, so to feel it shift in such a way did throw Dragon off. Was he more upset than usual? Maybe it would be best to comfort him. It was natural for Dragon to think like this; they were a naturally nurturing species, after all.

Sheepishly, Dragon gently nudged Toby's back, being careful not to do so too harshly or to impale the male- emitting a soft hum, as if trying to tell him something comforting is ask him what the matter was.

Upon feeling the beast's head make contact with Toby's back, the male immediately took a lunge forward- avoiding the contact with a hateful glare- as of insulted by the 'affection'. Toby was clearly in distate, contrasting to the conflicted expression of his dragon.

The creature looked to him with worried, rounded pupils, standing up again when he pulled away. He was back to normal right? They did what they were meant to do, so why was he so upset with them? Did they notice too late? Or did they hurt him?

Toby huffed, once again muttering under his breath about how his 'pet' was merely an annoyance. When would it notice that he hated its very presence? He didn't want it, or anything to do with it.

The creature followed along, their worried look becoming one of confusion upon seeing the clearing that the two were approaching. Toby had lead the two of them to a clearing of Ravenpoint.

Through the breaks of the trees, it was clear how the ground had came to a stop; dropping off. A cliff. Beyond we're beautiful waves of the ocean, that met with the lighter blues of the sky.

It was a stunning, calming view.

Toby seemed to walk closer to the edge of the cliff, only stopping when his dark, fur boots meekly peered over the drop- a few loose stones tumbling and plummeting downward, to the sea. He looked to Dragon, who was looking over his shoulder with a confused expression, with a blank stare.

The male then moved his coat slightly, taking out the fish; immediately gaining a bubbly and excited reaction from Dragon. "This is a fish. You like fish." Toby stated, in a mundane tone, "I prefer chicken, myself. But I have to eat fish. So, I'm going to give you your food so atleast one of us is happy with our food."

Dragon leant forward, attempting to ripped the fish out of his grip, consequently causing Toby to pull the fish further away from them. The boy seemed to pause, “You know how to fly.. Right?" Toby asked, raising an eyebrow. However, when Dragon huffed in response with a curious glint in their eyes, Toby seemed to let his satisfied smirk finally crack an appearance.

Without hesitation, he hummed, "Fetch!" The boy demanded, tossing the fish off of the cliff, causing the winged creature to immediately bound after it; leaping off of the cliff.

Upon a small, victorious cheer, Toby immediately kicked into action- rushing off back towards the village. Hopefully he could run faster than a dragon could catch.