𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

The night was peaceful; the moon was a glowing galleon placed upon a canvas of a beautiful dark blue that was swirled with a deep void. The huts and trees of Berk seemed to create a silhouette landscape that had been drawn- representing a peaceful and sleeping town. There was a soft and gentle breeze that past throughout the village, gently seeping through the window of the hut- and somewhat helping to keep the stirring boy asleep.

Toby rolled over from one side to the other-his face scrunching up slightly as he quietly muttered under his breath, his eyes closing tighter as his eyebrows knitted together. His hand that held a fistful of his blanket gently tugged it further up his body; so it rested on his neck, now.

However, upon a moist and hot wind suddenly disrupting the cold breeze- fanning his face. Startled, Toby sat bolt right in his bed- his widened brown and green orbs were met with a pair of yellow hues, with rounded pupils.

Panic and shock immediately filled the boy, causing a shriek like yelp to escape him- which the Mountain Nightmare that stood over him copied- startled by their owner's reaction.

When the dragon had retaliated, a fish had fell from their jaw. Not only was it already slimey with the texture that fish came with, but it was also now covered with dragon saliva. It was a goopy and horrid mix- that was extremely offensive to the nose.

It was also now on Toby's lap- the gooey liquid starting to stain and soak the blanket that laid on top of him.

Merely at the smell and sight at the dead animal, Toby gagged- a disgusted expression contorting his features as he turned his head away. Despite his reaction to having retrieved the fish, Dragon seemed to contently huff, almost smiling- in an attempt to cheer Toby up.

Toby immediately started to try and push Dragon, the blanket and the fish away from him as he started to climb out of bed, continuing to hurl, but to no physical avail. "Nope!" The boy exclaimed, frantically shaking his head, gagging once again, "No-" He spat, jumping out of bed.

Of course, Toby's parents had heard the commotion- coming in to see what the matter was. Dragon sat in the corner of the room; watching the three humans start to try and solve the 'problem' of them retrieving the fish. It confused them; Toby told them to retrieve the fish, so what did they do wrong?

It wasn't too long until Toby had a makeshift bed, so he could go back to sleep- and the original covers would be ready tomorrow. However, as the boy laid there, on his side, legs tucked up to his chest, he couldn't help but feel a boiling anger starting to rise to his chest.

And it seemed to snap a bit when he felt Dragon's head gently rest against his feet- causing him to swiftly retract them away from the creature.

Nothing was working. But something had to work. He hated this dragon with all of his being, and he needed to do something to get rid of it.

He didn't want to hurt it; he genuinely didn't, otherwise that's what he would've started with. But, it was starting to feel like nothing else would work.

Toby held his glare at the wall, doing his best to ignore the sleeping beast that laid at the foot of his bed. If he acknowledged it, he knew he'd snap. It was ruining his life, and he was fixated in his newest solution.