𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆

⚠️Warning⚠️
This chapter contians violence and mild language.

Anger and rage built up inside of the male; his fists were tightly clentched as was his jaw. His eyes had narrowed as they focused on the one person that he could blame at the moment. The black haired fool that did nothing but make other people's lives a misery.

The seemingly content Dragon that Toby had 'tamed' was following quietly behind him, looking around with curiosity and wonder in it's big, yellow orbs.

Jeff had pushed it too far; he'd gone out of his way to make Toby miserable, and he wasn't gaining anything from it other than a sick kick. He never gave Toby a break; and he was sick of it.

His gaze was fixated on the male as he made a beeline towards him. He hated how Jeff was always unbothered by the pain he caused, he was always so relaxed. The male was currently talking with fellow students nonchalantly, with a Deadly Nadder. It was clear that Jeff was the one that had meddled with the Dragon Training- but seeing him stood next to the Dragon that was meant to be Toby's only built up on the anger within the boy.

It felt like something was pressing against his chest, trying to get out as he stomach churned. He felt tense as the noises around him became nothing more than a mere high-pitched whistle. His vision blurred, the only thing being clear to him was Jeffrey.

The black haired male turned around, hearing footsteps harshly hitting the ground that were approaching him. An obviously faked smile of friendliness stretched across his features. His eyes didn't hide the sadistic joy within him. "How's it going, Haddo-" Jeff didn't get to finish as Toby's clenched fist made contact with his jaw; it was clear that the lanky male had put as much power behind it as he could. The black haired male stumbled before he fell to the floor- most likely as he wasn't expecting the punch- grumbling quietly in pain and annoyance.

The ringing slowly started to subside, as the world around Toby started to become more audible and clear to him. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" He snapped through gritted teeth. "What did I do to get an asshole like you dedicated to making my life a living hell?"

An almost shriek like sound left the pale red Deadly Nadder as it took a few steps forth, to protectively stand over Jeff, who had started to stand up as he rubbed his jaw. The Dragon looked at Toby through it's right eye before it tilted it's head, curiously observing the male with it's left eye as it's wings fluttered and outstretched.
In return, the Mountain Nightmare got closer to Toby, huffing quietly as it's gaze fixated on the Deadly Nadder, somewhat innocently- as if it wasn't prepared to fight the other Dragon if it came to it.

Jeff stood up, returning Toby's glare. "What are you on about?" He sneered, clenching his fists.

"You know what I'm on about! The constant mocking and now this!" Toby replied, throwing his arms in the air, which unbeknownst to Toby, caused his own Dragon to stand up a bit taller and emit something that almost sounded like a grumble.

"Oh, my Dragon?" Jeff asked, looking back to the Deadly Nadder. "Yeah- yours wasn't quite my colour- and plus they got me the wrong one. I asked for a Monstrous Nightmare, not whatever they had in there."

"It's a Mountain Nightmare, and it's a subspecies of the Monstrous Nightmare, maybe you should've been more specific you imbecile." Toby yelled.

"Toby, calm down!" Jane exclaimed softly, running over, having trained her Dragon, but not yet aware of the current situation that had occurred outside the arena. There was a Mood Dragon perched on her shoulder, that started to turn a light lilac colour, signifying fear.

"Yeah, you're scaring Spike." Jeff snickered- referring to his own rosey coloured creature, not even bothering to look at Jane.

Despite the boiling hatred he felt for Jeff at the moment, he turned around to Jane. "This is your fault!" He spat, pointing to the woman with narrowed eyes.

"How?" She asked, immediately becoming defensive and confused.

"You keep on interfering even when I ask you to stay out of it, you keep on trying to help but sometimes the only thing you can do to help is listen to me and not run your mouth- and actually be a decent friend!" He yelled in response, earning an offended and hurt look from Jane and a quiet laugh from Jeff.

"Wow, you're telling her to be a better friend?" Jeff cackled, "Take a look at yourself."

"Actually get a friend and then you can start criticizing me." Toby snarled, looking to Jeff.

"I do actually, quite a few. More than you've ever had, your top count is three, if we count Jack and your sister." Jeff retorted, cocking an eyebrow as he folded his arms across his chest.

Toby rolled his eyes as he held his glare, "Go fuck yourself, the both of you." He muttered under his breath before he started to leave; and rather quickly too. He didn't run, but he didn't stroll; his Dragon slowly following behind him, clearly uncertain to.

Toby could still feel his heart rapidly thumping across his chest as he left. He was once again making a beeline for something and didn't seem to plan on stopping until he got there. He headed to the Tribe's huts and towards his front door. Upon arrival, Toby pushed the door open and immediately going to the stairs running up to his room, despite his parent's concerned questioning.

The door swung open and he rushed over to his nightstand again. He seemed to calm down slightly, hesitantly pulling the top drawer open and gently scooping up the sleeping hedgehog. Odin yawned- revealing his teeth and opening his mouth like a snake would to eat.

Toby gently stroked the animal's stomach with a finger, causing it to ball up slightly. "C'mon, we're going to the Cove." He stated softly, reluctantly placing the animal into the inside pocket of his jacket- causing Odin to peer out of it.