Ocean

Hearthstone loved the beach.

He loved the smell of the sea.

He loved the feel of the sand.

He loved the way the light reflected off the waves.

He loved the rays of sunlight basking down on him.

Unfortunately he and Blitzen are never able to go to the beach together, that would either mean Blitzen spending the day covered completely in hot clothes or even worse Blitzen turning into a statue.

So they never went.

Until one day...

"Hey Hearth?" Blitz asked out of the blue. "What's your favorite place to go to?"

Why?

"Just curious,"

Hearth nodded, thought for a moment, then signed Beach. The sign for beach looked like waves cascading along the shore.

"Really? We should go sometime."

The elf shook his head Would be miserable for you.

"No it wouldn't, I like seeing you happy."

Hearth shook his head again Don't want you to have to for me.

They settled back into silence both a bit disappointed.

Blitzen hadn't realized Hearth liked the beach and now he felt bad they had never been. He was now determined for them to go but Hearthstone refused if he though Blitz wouldn't enjoy it, so what could they do so they both had a good time?

That's when it hit him.

Blitz tapped Hearth's shoulder so he would look at him, then said "What if we went in the evening so I don't turn to stone?"

Hearthstone looked delighted by the idea. Genius

"We can go tomorrow if you want?"

Hearth nodded, and they both settled next to each other to watch TV.

The next morning Hearthstone woke up early while Blitzen was still sleeping like usual.

He decided he wanted to make them breakfast and went into the kitchen to see what they had.

Poptarts. That's all they had in the realm of breakfast. Poptarts. Why did neither of them ever buy groceries?

Okay, so not the ideal breakfast Hearth was going for but it would have to do.

He stuck the poptarts in the toaster and looked in the pantry and fridge again like food might have magically appeared, and to no surprise nothing new was found except for some moldy strawberries.

Hearth threw the old fruit away, which he had to walk by the toaster to do. The toaster! In his search he had forgotten about the poptarts, and now discovered the toaster had popped with him realizing and now the poptarts were barely warm.

He cursed himself in his head throwing the room temperature poptarts on some paper plates, and going to wake up Blitzen.

Hearthstone slammed the door open assuming it was loud in hopes to wake the dwarf. It must have been at least somewhat loud as Blitz shifted slightly.

Hearth walked to his side and poked him. He didn't wake up.

Hearth shook him a bit. He didn't wake up.

Hearth shook him a lot. He didn't wake up.

Hearth jumped on top of him. He woke up.

"Hearthstone." Blitz grunted. "Get off."

Hearth shook his head, which Blitz probably didn't see as his eyes were still closed, and began bouncing slightly on him.  

Blitzen pushed the elf off of him and on to the ground, smirking at the thump of his boyfriend hitting the floor.

Hearth however was relentless and simply got back up and jumped on Blitz again until he finally got up.

I made breakfast. Hearthstone signed as Blitz stood.

"Ooh what are we having?"

Cold P-O-P-T-A-R-T-S

Blitzen grinned "Delicious!"

After breakfast the rest of the day passed in anticipation for the evening.

Finally after the sun started to set they got ready to go, got in their car that they recently bought and began to drive to the beach. 

When they arrived the sun was almost completely down, and Hearth was practically jumping up and down with excitement.

They parked the car and got out, it was a beautiful night and they were the only ones there besides an old fisherman.

Hearthstone inhaled the salty smell of the sea, then grabbed Blitzen's hand dragging him to the sand.

The sand felt cool and delicate as they walked toward the water, and as they neared switched to cold and damp.

The ocean lapped at the shore. They had left their shoes in the car, so they walked to the waterside just close enough that when the waves rolled out they washed over their feet.

When the icy water first hit him Hearth made an obscure squeaky noise that Blitzen found absolutely adorable.

The dwarf and elf held hands as they walked along the coast, drenched in silvery moonlight, and all was peaceful.

But all too soon it grew later and darker and Hearth could barely stay awake, so they stumbled back to near where the car was parked, Hearthstone leaning on his boyfriend, and the collapsed onto the sand.

Stars danced above them as they stared up at the sky, and before they knew it the elf had drifted off on top of the dwarf.