The Devil's Children/Giving The Devil His Due.

Brie and I packed for a two to three week honeymoon in Nassau, Bahamas. We left Birdie in the capable hands of Nikki and Artem. Once we arrived in the Bahamas. We rented a silver Dodge Challenger and headed to The Ocean Club Resort. We were the only Americans there as a couple of conventions were happening.
Once we got the keys to our private villa, we headed to it. For the next week or two we went horseback riding, swimming, took long walks on the beach. The last night, we had the most passionate and very intense three hour round we've ever had.
"I can't believe you have to go back to work a week after we get home. But I know. You want to be a fighting champion. And I admire you for it. But you promise that in the last four months of my pregnancy. That you'll come home and ride them out with me." She slid her right hand over my cheek.
"I promise baby." I replied.
We had another two hour round that went before we fell asleep.

The next morning, we woke up, showered, packed and headed home. When we arrived at the airport in Phoenix we were met by Nikki, Artem and Birdie.
"Mommy!" Birdie yelled as she ran to Brie. I had to smile as I watched Birdie hug her mother and Brie returned her hug.
"Hey Birdie baby." Brie smiled.
"Birdie? What about your step-dad?" I asked.
"Sorry daddy." Birdie cutely said.
"Ohh, it's okay princess." I said rubbing her back. "Were you good for Aunt Nikki and Uncle Artem?" Birdie nodded. "Good girl." I kissed her forehead and we all left for home where I spent the last week of me and Brie's honeymoon with my new family.

In the following weeks, I defended the WWE Championship at Stomping Grounds, Extreme Rules and I dropped the title at Summerslam to Seth. Got to hang out with Trish Stratus who lost to Charlotte in a face off between the Queen's.
Trish smiled as she said, "So, congratulations on your marriage and your impending arrival. How far along is she anyway?"
"At the end of this month, five months."I told her.
"I'll bet your excited." She smiled.
"You have no idea." I grinned.
"Actually I do. I do have two boys." She giggled as I smacked my forehead.
"Sorry, please let me remove both my feet from my mouth." I apologized.
"It's okay. But you are actually going to be a daddy in four months. And in case I don't see you guys in a few months. Congratulations." She hugged me.
"Thanks Trish." I grinned as I hugged her back.
"Your welcome. I gotta go, Daniel. Say hi to Brie for me." She said as she walked away.
"You got it." I headed to my locker room and got packed up and headed to the hotel, only to get the rest of his bags and caught the next flight to Phoenix and went home.

When I arrived home arrived. It was 5 am. Maya was there to pick me up. "Daniel. Good to see you." She smiled as she hugged me.
"Hey, Maya. Good to see you doing well. Enjoying college?" She avoided my gaze.
"I'm not sure if I will go to college." She answered.
"You might want to. Just in case." I told her.
"Well let's get you home. I'm sure Brie and Birdie will be happy to see you." She grinned.
"Well I need a coffee. So I'll treat it. If you really think about going to college." I grinned.
"That's blackmail." She tried not to laugh or giggle.
"Why do you think they call me the Devil?" I replied.
Maya picked up my suitcase and I carried my arena bag. "Let's go." She led me to her car and we got in. Went to a coffee shop and I paid for our coffees and arrived home.
Maya and I got in the house and Brie smiled from ear to ear.
"Thank you, Maya." Brie smiled as she hugged and kissed me. Maya left the room and went to the guest room. "It's so good to have my Devil home."
"Good to be home. And," I rubbed her stomach. "I can't wait to meet our little ones."
Brie smiled and giggled, "As am I baby."
"Let's go to bed." I said.

When we got to our room, we found Birdie laying in the bed. "Little Birdie has been sleeping on your side of the bed since you went back to work."
I grinned as I walked to my side of the bed and gently nudged Birdie awake. "Hey princess."
"Daddy. You home for good?" She asked.
"Well I'll have a few months to think about it. But I think so, baby girl." Birdie hugged my neck tightly. So tight that I couldn't breathe. I gently tapped her arm and pointed to my mouth and was barely able to say, 'Air.'
She let go, "Sorry daddy." She hung her head.
"It's okay little one." I grinned as I kissed her cheek.