xxvii

Jade

.

Same thing, different day as I walked into English. Jaxon was conversating with a student at his desk, his eyes quickly glancing at the door at the sound of me entering. 

I was supposed to meet Jaxon later today, to talk about my report paper. Since Carson is taking me out I had to postpone it for tomorrow, I don't know what excuse to make up.

Is there even a point for me to make one?

Heading over to my seat, I begin to work on the assignment that was written on the board. Halfway through the assignment, Jaxon approached me, place both of his hands on my desk letting himself tower above me. 

Looking over, down at my screen before meeting his eyes with mine. "Do you need any help, Miss Morris?" Jaxon's tone laced with cockiness, "No, sir. I'm okay, I won't be able to attend tutoring today."

Jaxon furrowed his eyebrows, "How come?" 

I broke eye contact as a bad gut feeling began to kick in. My thoughts began to tell me to lie, "I'm going to study for first period with Carson."

"Well, you're not doing great in my class. Are you sure you want to miss this afternoon?" Jaxon's voice lacked emotion, sounds odd.

"I am passing your class, so yes I'm sure. My birthday is also soon, he has a surprise for me, Professor Wright," returning my gaze from the screen to him, I could see his demeanor had changed. 

"Very well, Miss Morris," he nodded his head, turning about and walking to another student. It was an awkward encounter, I wasn't too sure what it was that caused my gut to start having a bad instinct.

No matter what the situation, always listen to your instincts. 

That was something I always went by, it never failed me. I pulled out my phone, texting Carson to see if he could be outside the classroom door about five minutes before the bell. I couldn't tell if I feared Jaxon finding out, or if I feared the punishment.

Jaxon never made me feel unsafe, or scared. It could be me not wanting him to leave again, or threaten to leave. I was attached to him, there was no doubt about that. In reality, he is still my professor. 

Do I care? No, but if I'm doing anyone wrong, It's Carson. Emotionally, I'm attached to Carson. I can talk more about personal things, such as my insecurities. With Jaxon, I feel as though everything is sexual, It's hard to get through to him. 

Either he and I are working or doing something sexual. Every time I'm with him, he has to make a sexual remark. There's a time and place for things, I don't mind a little fear of getting caught, but sometimes I just truly want to be a student.

Does that even make sense?

Loving punishment was something I couldn't deny. Maybe I'm overthinking, or too attached to Jaxon. I feel that I owe him something because of him opening up to me, I don't want to hurt or disappoint him. 

I don't think Jaxon would hurt me either.

Carson responded, the notification appearing on the screen breaking me out of my thoughts. Unlocking my phone, I see that he agreed and there were only three minutes until class was finished. 

I began to shut off my laptop and sort out my area. By the time I was finished, the bell rang. Quickly, I headed towards the door but not to my surprise a voice made an attempt to stop me.

"Miss Morris, stay behind."

I did something I didn't think I would do, I ignored his call out and walked right out the door with my head down. I could pretend I didn't hear him, maybe even fake that I had my headphones in with the music playing. None of it would work though, he noted that I had no headphones in and that his voice had echoed loud enough for me to hear.

Looking up I see Carson in another color-matched sweatsuit, "How many sweatsuits do you have, bro?" I ask, lightly laughing as I hug him, wrapping my arms around his neck. 

Carson's arms wrapped around my waist, lifting me up and I wrapped my legs around his torso. Nustling my head in the crook of his neck, intaking the smell of his cologne.

I felt him walk out of the building, one of his hands rubbing my back as the other hold me up. "I'm surprised you can carry me," I laugh with truth behind my words. 

"Shut up," feeling him shake his head. Carrying me to the parking lot, settling me down at my car. Our arms still remained wrapped around one another, smiling at him as he stared down at me.

"You're so beautiful," his hands now cupping my face, stroking my cheeks with his thumb before pressing his lips onto mine. I return the kiss, smiling in between. 

Carson smiled back,  "I'll see you four-thirty." I nodded, detaching myself. "What should I wear?" Quickly asking before he had walked away.

"Something comfortable, or casual. Nothing fancy though," I smiled and returned back to my car. I unlocked my car and entered, placing my bag in the passenger seat. 

I started up the car, scrolling through my phone as I waited for the engine to warm up and the heat to warm up the cold car. It was December, my twentieth birthday is coming up soon and I have no clue what is coming up. 

A shiver runs down my neck, the feeling of eyes settling upon me. Looking up from my phone, I could see Jaxon conversating with another professor, his eyes over their shoulder staring at me. 

I put my car in reverse, driving out of the parking spot and to my apartment. Jaxon is a grown man, he wouldn't care. Maybe I'll receive another punishment, those are always fun.

I can't comprehend why I'm panicked, but my worries came to an end as I arrived at my apartment building. Getting into my elevator, I clicked the fourth floor and walk into my apartment.

Setting my bag and phone onto the marble counter, I begin to tie my hair into a pony. Turning to change into a more comfortable close before having to get ready my phone digs. I look over my shoulder, slightly turning my body, I could see the name of a message notification that had lit up my screen.

Jaxon.

-

cliffhanger lol

I'm currently reading birthday girl by penelope douglas, I haven't started it, I'm waiting for the Saturday road trip. 

I'm going on vacation this satuday loves, but I will still be updating because I have a home where I am going and I will be there for a month, and I will NOT leave yall a month without an update. 

i love you all, you're beautiful & cared for <3

don't forget to vote & comment, it is greatly appreciated :)

word count : 1,176