xxviii

Jade

.

I slid my finger to the right, opening the notification.

I finished reading your research paper. If you wanted something to be done to you, you could've just told me with your own pretty lips, darling.

Releasing the breath I held, I shut my eyes for just a moment letting my heart slow down a bit. I thought he was going to talk about me ignoring me, knowing him it will be brought up at one point.

In my paper, I walked about the attraction of fear and pain, edging, over-stimulation, along with how speed and roughness are also linked to kinks and fetishes. Along some lines, I left hints at what I liked and what I didn't. Hints I know only he would pick up on, but I replied quickly not wanting him to feel as if i'm ignoring him.

I wanted you to use that little brain of yours. Glad you got the hint, my love.

With that, I turned off my phone and started to get ready for Carson's surprise. I took a shower, did my hair and makeup. Heading over to my room I look through my closet and drawers.

I threw on ankle-long high-waisted hippie jeans. and a solid tie black halter top, with black doc marten boots. Knowing it was windy outside since it is December, I paired the outfit with a black borg zipper jacket.

Perfect timing, as I walked out of my room, hearing my phone beginning to read. Seeing that it was Carson, I picked up the phone. Carson let me know that he was on his way upstairs to come a get me, I let him know that I was ready. I sorted out my mini purse, making sure I had my keys, wallet, phone, and chapstick.

Hearing a knock on the turn, I turned off the lights and opened the door. Carson was dressed nicely, wearing boot-cut jeans with an oversize graphic sweatshirt that match his converse. He was wearing his chain and rings, along with a wristband.

His hair was still long but you could tell that he had gotten a fresh haircut. Carson's blond wavy-curly hair hanging loosely around his head as his sides were lightly faded. Along with his green eyes that stood out a little more today.

Carson was very handsome, he broke me out of my thoughts as he extended his hand out. "Let's go?" He smiled, I returned the smile as I took in his hand after locking the door behind me.

"You look pretty, I like the jeans," his eyes looking down at me as we reached the door. "And you look very handsome, who would've known you had style," I laugh looking into his eyes. He guided me into the elevator, swinging his arm over my head and around my waist, keeping our hand intertwined so he could lean over and press the lobby button.

With my free hand, I wrapped my hand around the forearm that held a firm hold around me as I leaned my head back into his shoulder. After pressing the button, he places his other hand on top of mine, dipping his lips onto the skin of my neck. His lips leaving soft and sweet pecks down my neck.

I hum lowly at the sweet gesture. Carson made me feel beautiful, even at times when I couldn't see it myself. The elevator dinged, the doors opening letting us walk towards Carson's car. Reaching the passenger side, he opened and closed the door for me as I took a seat.

Walking around the hood, he occupied the driver's seat, starting the car. "You can connect your phone to the speakers and play your music," fastening his seat belt, letting the warmth surround us and the engine warm-up.

I connected my phone and shuffled my music. Talk Slow by Chase Atlantic began to play, it was one of my comfort songs. I sang along to the words, Carson rested his hand on my, taking it into his and stroking his thumb along my skin.

"Well I, I know that you came here with some guy, tell him go home its you and I," I sang looking out the window as I wondered where we were headed. Turning over to face Carson I could see him lip-syncing the words, causing my jaw to slightly drop.

Never have I met someone who knew this song, let alone liked it as well. "Get the fuck out of here," sarcasm drenching my words as I stared in awe. I was a sucker for music, and to know he knew a song that I really did enjoy made me happy.

It's the little things that matter most to me.

Glancing over at me, a toothless smile forming as his eyes returned to the highway, "What?" I smiled widely, "I can't believe you know this song." I wasn't going to ask any stupid questions like if he knew the song, he was singing it so he clearly did.

"Yeah, I started listening to them around 2016," he continued to lipsync the song as it came to an end. "At least someone likes my music," I chuckle, Giveon's voice now swirling out of the speakers. The rest of the ride was a comforting silence while we listened to music.

"Close your eyes," Carson said, and I did as told. I could feel the car making some turns until it came to a stop. I could hear Carson turn off the car, stepping out, and then my side opening. He lifted me out of the car and placed me down on my feet.

The beep of the car locked was loud, causing me to slightly jump, Carson laughing at me. "Open," Carson wrapped his arms around me as I opened my eyes to see the place I always wanted to go for a date.

This is going to sound dumb, but it was an indoor amusement park and arcade that also held a restaurant if we chose to eat. I told Carson during one of our first conversations that I like simple and fun dates, and that a place like this is one of my top picks. The fact he remembered warmed my heart, made me feel remembered.

"Happy early birthday, beautiful," planting a kiss on my cheek. I turned around to face him, cupping his cheeks. I placed little pecks all over his face, lastly kissing him softly and passionately, he returned the kiss as he pushed me closer against his chest. "Thank you so much," I said with a cheesy smile as our foreheads rested against one another.

"Anytime, baby," he said, a quick mischievous grin flashing on his face as I felt him smack my ass firmly, causing a little yelp to escape my lips. "I had to, I'm sorry," he laughed, but I didn't, find knowing it was playful.

Eager to get inside, I turned around while grabbing his hand as I dragged him behind me as I led us to the entrance of the place.

-

i missed you all so much, i hope everyone is doing good!

i am so sorry for to the late update, i am on vacation so updates will probably be only twice a week but i will try for three!

i finally have wifi & i got an iPhone 12 yesterday yay! so happy :)

once again, thank you so much for 100k reads, i love you all immensely <3

don't forget to vote & comment, it is greatly appreciated!

word count : 1,262