xxxviii

Carson

.

Sitting back down, I hear the noise of keys clinging before one enters into the locked doorknob. Not having a roommate, confusion begins to spread along my face.

The door opens, revealing a smiling Aria. Slamming the door behind her after removing the key, she spreads her arms wide open before running towards me. Quickly, I stand up, opening my arms and heading towards Aria as well.

Engulfing one another in a hug, her legs wrap around my waist. My head finds its way into the crook of her neck, inhaling her similar scent.

Safe. I feel safe. I am safe.

Smiling, I sit us down on the couch, feeling tears form on the brim of my eyes. "You have no idea how much I missed you, Ari."

My voice cracks causing her to back her head away and look at me. Her soft hands cupped my face, "What did she do?"

"She called me, asking how the fuck I've been. Aria I'm so tired, and Jade is being such a fucking dumbass," the tears finally roll down my face, I rest my hand on Aria's thighs.

"Talk to me, about anything. I'm here now, I'm here. She's not going to touch you, you're safe," placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I hung up, but I need to vent about Jade. Can I?" Understanding that Aria and I had parted for her sake recently, I knew talking about another woman could have been a sensitive topic. Especially when to woman is her roommate.

"Like I said, Carson. You can talk to me about anything," giving me a reassuring smile.

"Jade is getting groomed by that fucking English professor. Jade was here and we were talking cause I didn't want to bother you, and he came banging on my door, grabbing her wrist and shit. He is a teacher like even if she is an adult, he is fucking grooming her. It pisses me off that she can't see it, but I know that she can't cause I've been in that position. Jade doesn't get that even if she's consenting, maybe even the one that initiated it, he is the authority in the situation. He is a teacher, she is a student. I don't want her to get hurt, Aria. I like her, so much, so fucking much," I rest my head in my palms.

"What did you do when he did that?" Aria scratches the back of my neck, up to my head.

"I got in between them, took his hand off her. Telling him he's a groomer, a creep, and shit like that. He told me to get out of his way and mind my business, told him I should bash his head into a fucking wall. I should've, he got the nerve to grab someone like that," feeling Aria shift on top of me, causing me to look up at her.

"Um, he was there when I got here. Sitting in front of the door, he looked stressed so when I ran into Jade on the way here I told her that he was there. I have no clue, about anything going on between them. I'm barely ever there, cause you know, I'm usually here," her fingers play with one another as she looks at me, disappointment glistening in her eyes.

"Aria, I already told her. There is nothing more I can do, I promised not to tell anyone, but I trust you. Even told her she's a vulnerable woman, no doubt she despises me right now. Jade knows I'm here if she needs me, but for now, I think it's best I stay at a distance."

-

Jaxon

.

Jade's legs dangle over mine, her shorts rising as she shifts herself into a comfortable position. Her full attention is on the movie playing on the television.

My hand ran up and down, along her thigh. The cold silver rings caused goosebumps to form on her skin, a smirk plasters on my face.

"Something wrong, darling?" My gaze fixates on her, a blush creeping onto her cheeks. "Nothing at all, just not the mood today. I like the feeling though," a small laugh escapes her lips.

"Of course, love. I understand," the excitement in me fades. Focus shifts from her to the movie, my hand still caressing her thigh. Jade places her hand on mine, holding it, her thumb caressing the back of my hand.

Smiles exchange between us, "you make me happy, so incredibly happy." Jade's eyes sparkle with meaning, convincing me each of her words holds meaning behind it.

My smile expands at her words, "Thank you for reminding me of my worth, beautiful. I don't mean to ruin this moment, but please, don't speak to that kid again. He's not good for us, or your mental health."

"Trust me, I won't, he called me a vulnerable woman. I'm sorry for how he acted, he has a lot going on but he shouldn't be putting that on us. You're a man, you treat me right. We all get mad, I know you didn't mean any harm," Jade leans up, I tilt my head down, meeting her halfway into a soft and gentle kiss.

About an hour and a half later, Jade eventually curls up into me, falling asleep a little before the movie had came to an end. I carefully pick her up, carrying Jade into her room, laying her down on the bed. Removing my shirt before laying down alongside her.

Big spooning her, I inhale the scent of her hair. A warm feeling formed in my chest, my arm pulling her back closer into my chest.

Wanted. I feel wanted. I am wanted.

Closing my eyes, calming my mind. Beginning to fall asleep, I take a final look at the peaceful and pretty woman that is sleeping against my chest. Once more, closing my eyes and for the first time in a while, I fall asleep with a smile resting against my lips.

-

do you think carson & jade speak to one another again?

life has been so hectic, school started again and i am backed up on work. that doesn't matter though because i owed you all an update for the two weeks that i have not updated! thank you all for the patience :)

i love you all, you mean the most to me! never forget that you are not alone & if you ever need someone to speak to you, i am here!

follow my twitter! @/enchantingkay_

do not forget to vote & comment! it is greatly appreciated <3

word count : 1,104