Season 1 - Part 2

Note: I DO NOT own The Owl House or Godzilla so don't report me. This is for entertainment purposes only. Also, I should let you know that this chapter will be based on The Owl House episode 3. So just to summarize, let's say the events of episode 2 are exactly the same as they are in canon, the only difference being that Luz used her powers to beat Adegast. With that out of the way, I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Eda: Well, Luz, did you ever in your life think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?

She asked as she, Luz and King were at the beach in front of a giant slug carcass.

Luz: . . . I don't like this.

Eda: Yeah, it doesn't get much more inspiring than a trash slug. It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside. Until, bam! It gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt. And then we get to sell the stuff it ate.

She says, wielding a pickaxe and offering it to Luz.

Luz: Please don't make me.

King: Oh come on, Luz. It's not every day you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage carcass.

He says sarcastically while laying a blanket for himself on the beach.

Eda: Eh, nuts to you both.

She says before using the pickaxe on the carcass, much to Luz's dismay.

Luz: Uh, Eda . . . what if we tried some new lessons for my apprenticeship? Like reading ancient scrolls or mix together potions, or-

Eda: Ugh! That sounds like a bunch of magic school stuff.

Luz: Magic school? Is there really a magic school on the Boiling Isles?

Eda: Yeah. What's worse, they force you to learn magic the "proper" way. But magic isn't proper. It's wild and unpredictable. And that's why it's so beautiful. I didn't finish school, and look at me! Who wouldn't envy where I am right now?

She said, standing tall and proud, wielding a pickaxe in the carcass of a giant trash slug.

Luz didn't look so confident in Eda's teaching skills.

Eda: Uh . . . hey, here's a lesson. A great witch is resourceful, like this.

She says, grabbing Luz's hand putting it in a puddle of slime before taking it out to reveal a small object in the teen's hand.

Luz: Oh, it's a . . . greasy slime ball . . .

Eda: Use your slime ball wisely, young witch. Back at it! We'll hit the stink nodes first.

Luz: Actually, if it's okay, I think I'll head back and look at pictures of animals that are still alive. Love you, King. You little beach peach.

She says those last two sentences while giving King a belly rub, earning a giggle from the little demon.

Eda: More for me, then.

She says, going back to digging up the carcass.

Luz took a walk through the forest with the slime ball in her hand.

Luz: Ugh. If magic's all about digging for slime balls, maybe I don't have the stomach for it.

She then looked to her left as she heard someone in the distance. She went over to check it out, moving aside some bushes as she sees a girl with black hair, glasses, a grey tunic with a black cowl, boots, pink sleeves and leggings.

Luz: Little witch girl.

???: You can do it! Even if you get a bad grade, it's not a reflection of you as a witch. And my parents are right. There are better opportunities on this track. Now, get to school!