Chapter Eleven

The ending ceremony was drawing near. I knew that, we were all under a lot of pressure, all pushing to be in the top 10 in order to join the MP's.
One of the last task before the end of training camp took place at night, running thought the mud In the rain while holding big sacks. It hurt a little to run with these but after the first Mile but I could push through and got used to the pressure. I was running along side Reiner. I looked over at him as we ran, "getting tired up their?" I asked panting and laughing a little at him. He looked down at me, "yea right, I'm just getting started." He smirked running ahead of me. I smiled and ran faster to catch up to him and we began almost racing, until he looked behind him and slowed down almost to a stop, I slowed down too only to see Armin, Reiner approached him and took his sack. Armin refused his help and took his sack back and ran ahead of the both of us, as he passed me he send me a tired smile and Reiner and I both spread up to catch up to him.

The days were speeding up, we had ODM training almost daily. I hadn't practiced with Jean since that night but we always found each other during ODM training.
I zipped passed him, "hey Jean, don't mind if I take this one from you right?" I laughed as I cut the nape of the fake Titan he was just going into get. He huffed and then smirked, I raced off in front of him, "bet I'll get the next one too." I yelled behind me. Jean sped up to catch me, "yea you wish dumbass."He yelled as we raced for the next Titan dummy In front of us only to have it taken by Annie, "stay focused you two or you'll never come close." She said coldly and zipped away.
During one of the last days of combat training, I saw Reiner standing there alone, it looked like he was thinking about something. I smiled as I snuck up behind him and kicked him in the back sending him flying forward, hoping to at least bring a small smile to his face. " you slacking off Reiner? What's wrong? Why are you over here alone?" He looked up at me and I held my hand out helping him up. He stood much talked then I did and he smiled down at me and walked away, what the hell? He isn't going to say anything? I thought as I squinted my eyebrows, "hey! Walking away from a fight? Where are you going." But he didn't stop.

——————————Reiner Pov—————————
As I watch all of my comrades doing hand to hand combat I started thinking, soon, they'd all be dead, including Rin. but then I felt something sharply connect with my back as I hit the ground. I heard Rin's voice and instantly felt more relaxed. She helped me up and I admired her, it's not like I had a crush on her or anything, my heart belonged to Crista of course, but I did have a soft spot for Rin. I Want to bring her back with us, I don't want to kill her. I thought about kidnapping her when we went back to Marly, I heard an old rumor about the Ackerman, that they weren't actually Eldian, Id have to find out for sure first, if it's true I bet I could take her. I couldn't held but smile at the thought, but then I realized how awkward she must have felt so I left, I had nothing to say to her anyway. She continued to yell at me but I ignored it. I approached Annie and Bertolt, Bertolt looked at me uncomfortably and Annie just walked away but as she passed me she said In  her usual cold voice, "she's not coming with us," and then she was gone. I felt my body tense up at this.

———————Rin pov—————-
I grabbed my dinner trey and headed headed for Eren's table but out of the corner of my eye I saw Marco, he was waving me over at me and patting the seat next to him. What a Ray of sunshine, I thought and smiled brightly and jogged over to him. I put my trey down and sat next to Marco. "Hey Marco!" I immediately saw that Jean was also at the table, sitting in front of Marco, I smiled at him too, "hey Jean" I smiled. Jean blushed a little before looking at his food and continuing to eat. Jean started going on one of his rants while we ate, Marco seemed to love listening to Jean talk, but I thought he was a loud mouth. But the both of us still just ate and watched Jean, hardly listening to his words. "And that's how you conserve fuel! Let your momentum do the work for you." Jean finished. I felt eyes on us so I turned around and made direct eye contact with Eren, he didn't smile, it was, almost uncomfortable, did Jean say something offensive? Maybe I should have paid more attention, I thought.
" well that would be amazing, working and only a stones throw of the king, no greater honor than that." Marco sighed bring my attention back to the conversation. I looked up at Marco and lay my head on his arm causing him to jump a little, "you'll make it to the MP's for sure Marco, You're to amazing for anything else." He relaxed and smiled down at me and then suddenly Jean chimed in, smacking Marco on the back of the head causing him to spill his drink all over the both of us. "Hey what the hell!" I shouted, now pissed off that I was all wet. Jean ignored me, "oh shut up you too, we're not children you can drop the misty eyed BS, you just what a nice cozy spot in the interior isn't that right Marco."Marco immediately became defensive and so did I, "Stop it Jean what the hell is your problem?" And then suddenly Eren chimed in, "listen to you all, interior? 5years ago this was part of it." Jean suddenly got pissed, "yea you got a point to make friend?" Eren took a sip of his drink, "poor Jean, to bad your head won't fit in the interior." Reiner chuckled and I looked at him with the, shut the fuck up, face. Suddenly the two boys were in the middle of the room and Mikasa and I decided to separate them, "gentleman please." She said loudly grabbing Erean's hand. "Yea that's enough, what's your problem tonight?" I said trying to sound calm and grabbing onto Jeans arm and pulling him down towards me. After we thought it was calmed down Jean pulled away from me and grabbed Eren by the shirt, "YOU THINK YOU CAN JUDGE ME."
"YOU RIP MY SHIRT YOU'RE DEAD" eren yelled.
"I DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR STUPID SHIRT YOU PISS ME OFF."
Suddenly Eren stoped, and kicked Jean in the back of the legs using an impressive move sending Jean spiraling to the ground. Eren was going off on Jean until the Commander walked in.