Chspter twenty nine

"I'll see you guys later, I'm going to look for Miche or my dad," I said after we were finished, walking away from Jean and Armin.
I know all of the scouts are back now, so he shouldn't be to hard to find. I haven't gotten to see Miche in a while. It seems like I hardly ever see him these days. I feel like I show start trying harder to see people like Miche and Hange and Erwin. Mostly because I know they are typically on the front lines. Not that I'm worried about them dying. I dunno.
I thought about Miche and the others as I walked through the stone walls. When I spotted Miche talking to some of the other scouts i felt my spirits lift a little. I leaned against the wall until the group started to part ways. "Miche hey, long time no see," I said unable to hold back my smile. Miche turned to look down at me and smiled a little, "Rin, I'm glad to see you're safe." His voice was deep but soft, just like I remembered it. "It's been a long couple of days but, I'm making it I guess," I said trying to sound like a joke but I think it just came out sounding depressed. Miche frowned and put a hand on my shoulder, "yea I heard about Levi's squad, I'm sorry." I looked down suddenly feeling a wave of sadness wash over me. I rested my head in Miche's chest and looked at the ground as he patted my back. "Just be careful out there kid, I hope that made you realize that even the best soldiers, sometimes aren't enough. So please, don't be reckless. Remember everything we practiced," he said sternly. I sighed, I felt the tears start to well In my eyes but I refused to allow them to fall. "You too Miche, I don't want to lose anyone else. Especially someone so important," I whispered. Miche laughed a little before I lifted my head to look at him. Suddenly a soldier approached us. "Rin Ackerman, follow me please." I wrinkled my eyebrows and followed the man, waving goodbye at Miche as I did.

"Oh Rin, come sit," Sasha said with a smile as she patted a seat in between her and Reiner for me to sit in. I walked over to the small group and sat down. "You know my village is just a little south of here," Conny said as he rested his hand on his head. "Huh. The town where I'm from is pretty close too," Sasha responded with the same bored expression. I laid my head on the table as I watched Reiner and Bertolt play a chess game. "Why can't I go see my people," Conny continued, "maybe I'll just sneak out after dark." Sasha sighed, "my people told me not to come back till I'm normal so, theirs that I guess."
The two continued but I didn't say much attention until Reiner joined in, "Conny. I'll help you get home if you really want to." I glared up at Reiner in confusion. Conny seemed just as confused, "why would you?" Now Reiner looked down at me, we made eye contact for a moment before he looked at Conny, "doesn't it feel weird, we're on stand by in our plain cloths. They won't let us wear our uniforms or train but our superiors are armed to the teeth. We're inside the wall, so who exactly are we fighting," he said now standing up and walking towards the window. I lifted my head off the table to look at him. But Sasha and Conny still seemed uninterested.
"I dunno man. Maybe their just worried about bears"
"Yea sure. Bears."
"All you need for bears are guns."
Reiner now took his seat next to me again. Sasha sat up and leaned on my with when head on mine as she groaned before she face planted on the table again.
It is pretty weird. I mean I was just hanging out with Miche and they went out to find me just to make me sit in the room with everyone else. What was the point in that? Plus why are their armed guards all outside?
Suddenly Sasha gasped and sat up abruptly, "uh guys! I think I hear footsteps!"
Everyone turned their attention to her.
"Sasha what the bell are you talking about?" I questioned. Reiner didn't seem seem amused either, "knock it off Sasha. you're trying to tell us titans are here or something? That would only be possible I'd walk Rose had fallen."
"LOOK IM NOT KIDDING I HEAR SOMETHING!"
suddenly their was a thump on the window and we all turned to look. I saw Nanaba and quickly ran to the window and opened it for her. "Nanaba, what's going on?" I questioned. Nanaba looked at me relieved before looking sprung at everyone else, "is everyone here? We've got company. Approximately 500 meters south and closing. Titan. There's no time to suit up in ODM gear. Everyone get on a horse stat. Evacuate every home and settlement in the area."
The room was silent, you could feel the Tension and fear. "Is Miche-" before I could finish Nanaba looked down at me. "He's fine Rin. He's fighting titans as we speak." I felt my heart skip a beat.
Damnit. Please be okay.
"Do we know if the walls been breached?"

——normal pov——
Nanaba landed on the Rooftop next to Miche.
"Miche," she said. Miche didn't look at her. "9 of them. I'm that swarm up ahead," he said coldly. Nanaba looked out in the distance, "they must have broken through wall Rose." Nanaba knelt down, "Damnit. We never had the chance ti figure out what In gods name these things are. Not it's to late. Humanity has lost. This is the end." Nanaba and Miche stood in silence for a moment before Miche took a step forward. "Like hell it is. We're not done yet. A person only loses when they give in. As long as we keep putting up a fight, we haven't lost."
"The second the titans reach the woods we'll split up.

——Rin pov——
I got in my horse and begun to ride with the others. I felt like the throwing up. But my nerves were settles when I heard Miche's voice. "I want 4 separate teams. Recruits and soldiers alike. When I give the signal, we'll scatter in different directions. Get the word out to civilians. Do not engage the enemy! Which one of you is most familiar with the area?"
Sasha raised her hand,"uh me! My home town is just north of here! I know this region like the back of my hand! Conny too! Tell him!" But Conny didn't speak up, he broke out in a cold sweat. "My village is south. That's where the Titans are coming from. I can lead you to near by settlement but after that please, let me go home."
Miche looked back at us for a moment before turning his attention forward again, "very well. Guide the southern team then go to your village."
I rode up closer to Miche. "I should have know you'd be stubborn And refuse to leave Rin, very well, but you better be good at killing titans," Miche scolded. I laughed a little, "glad we're on the same page."
"SCATTER! RIDE FOR ALL YOU'RE WORTH!"
I rode with Miche as titans approached. I used my gear and swung off my horse and approached the Titan from behind, slicing its nape.
Miche did the same. After several titans I landed on a roof top next to Miche.
"I'll admit, you're better then I thought," he teased.
I glared at him, "bet I can take out all 4 on my own." I motioned to the 4 titans wondering under us. Miche scoffed, "you're crazy if you think I'd allow that." I laughed. "You know, I mean it when I say that. You're good. Real good. I see why you were chosen under special order in the battle for Trost."Miche said looking down at me. I wasn't expecting such praise, especially from him. I felt my face heat up a little when I responded. "I never would have gotten this good if it wasn't for you." Miche chuckled, "you have your fathers blood, you would have been great no matter what. Just know, I'm proud of you." I looked at the man in confusion, "my fathers great but I am who I am because of you all." Miche smiled softly and looked into the distance. Then pushed his blade but into his holder before continuing business as usual, "let's not risk it, I've bought us more then enough time. Still though, that abnormal worries me. Easily over 17 meters." I looked over at the strange creature stalking back and forth in the distance.
What the hell is that ugly thing? 17 meters and covered in some kind of hair?
"This is the first time I've ever seen one covered in hair like that," I said mesmerized by the hideous creature. Miche also seemed mesmerized"it's just lumbering around. Why isn't it rushing us?"
Suddenly a horse sounded in the distance. Miche turned to look at me. "Rin, head back. Tell the others about this weird bastard." I wrinkled my eyebrows, "no way, I won't leave you alone here." Miche's gaze intensified. "I'm serious Rin, as your superior I'm ordering you to fall back. Now." I scoffed.
What the hell was be thinking? He isn't invincible. 4 titans and an abnormal is to much even for him. He'll need me. But he is my superior and I respect him more then most anymore. So I can't afford to disobey.
"This is bull shit. You aren't invincible Miche," I argued. "Damnit Rin why won't you just listen for once," he snapped. I felt taken back, Miche had never raised his voice at me. But he was right. I needed to listen to my superiors. "Fine. Don't you dare die Miche." I said before preparing to leave.
"I don't plan on it."
Was the last thing I heard before flying away.

I wish I had never left him that day. I wish I had disobeyed him.